• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shooting?

I can't remember the exact directions but i know if you go down Ben Howard road there is a side road that will take you deep up into the mountains! I talked to a game warden and he told me as long as your of age to own a gun, its not loaded while your driving, and you stay in Snoho county you should be good to go!

HUSH! that is where all the beggers and bums and crackheads go...I am serious, I would NEVER tell anyone to go out there anymore. It's gotten weird...ER :eeek: But if you feel so inclined to travel out "there" bring a gun... it's for your own good..... don't say i didn't warn you....:eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

your talking about cedar ponds its looking like the old sultan basin they will close that some because of the junk all over.:booo:

Is shooting still allowed at the gravel pits on green mtn/3 fingers road?

Some friends of mine were shooting up there a few months ago. A "dude" in a car said he got a fine for shoting there. Legal.......not sure but I have never seen a sign that says its not legal.

Some friends of mine were shooting up there a few months ago. A "dude" in a car said he got a fine for shoting there. Legal.......not sure but I have never seen a sign that says its not legal.

you know how people are though.. look at reiter[i dont this i spelt it right] RTW is always putting up signs and what not and the stuff the put up just gets ripped down...

my moms tribe[sauk suiatle indian tribe] bought a lake formerly known as caskey lake a few years back,[the tribe re-named it to spear head lake due to the fact that from a helicopter view or birds eye view the lake looks like a spear head or arrow tip] and to prevent non natives from destroying the property, a gate to the main entrance to the lake was put up one weekend, and 2 or 3 weekends later our family went up there for fishin or swimin or something, and the gate was COMPLETLY GONE... then a 1 inch steel cable was wraped around 2 old growth firs, around 5 feet from edge to edge about thigh high. and no tresspassing signs hung on both trees. one just above the cable on both side. and one about 10-15 feet up both sides of the trees. a few weeks later, the cable is gone along with all 4 signs. so another cable, and more signs. and gone the next time we go up there.

but on highway 9 going towards arlington from highway 2, just before you get into arlington, there used to be a sign advertising a gun range out that way. i dont know if its still there or not, it might have been closed down though.:GUN: :GUN: :GUN: :GUN:

but on highway 9 going towards arlington from highway 2, just before you get into arlington, there used to be a sign advertising a gun range out that way. i dont know if its still there or not, it might have been closed down though.:GUN: :GUN: :GUN: :GUN:

There is the Arlington Regional Range, just off Hwy 9 and 172nd. There is also the Marysville Rifle and Gun club, its west of I-5 off the Smokey Point exit. :corn:

Used to fish/hunt up around Caskey lake when I was younger. I think the issue with gating off something thats always been open to the public is your are always going to get some resentment from those who have used it in the past.

I can't remember the exact directions but i know if you go down Ben Howard road there is a side road that will take you deep up into the mountains! I talked to a game warden and he told me as long as your of age to own a gun, its not loaded while your driving, and you stay in Snoho county you should be good to go!

You Talking About Cedar Ponds??? You go over some Bridges with tiny Waterfalls under you? And people do alot of rock hunting out there? Lol i shoot up there sometimes last time i was out there there where alot of clothes in the bushes by the really nasty private lake:puke: but there are some sweet trails up there aswelll! aswell as some nice back drops to shoot at:cool:

HUSH! that is where all the beggers and bums and crackheads go...I am serious, I would NEVER tell anyone to go out there anymore. It's gotten weird...ER :eeek: But if you feel so inclined to travel out "there" bring a gun... it's for your own good..... don't say i didn't warn you....:eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

Lol ya i hit the trail to the backside of the Trailer park back there and there was some weird guy that u could tell has been living out of his truck for looks like ages yelling at us for being up there. Deff be packing when u are up there! There was also a little 2 wheel drive Toyota with a huge old beat stick in the back window with one big Rot in the back parked next to my truck and these guys were looking in my truck when my buddy and i came around the corner with our rifles and I was like can i help u he was just like o i was just wondering where u mounted ur C.B! Yea i deff dont go up there too much anymore with out Packing and with a buddy lots of other weird things have happened up there aswell but ya cool place thoe with lots of interesting things.
Here is a few pics:

Attachments

• l_3fba6c4326c9d9090786cd2f9de8a46c.jpg
    l_3fba6c4326c9d9090786cd2f9de8a46c.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 94
  • l_4f3c8bfae18b9126d1bfa1bd6f8d3791.jpg
    l_4f3c8bfae18b9126d1bfa1bd6f8d3791.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 103
  • l_404d801e46c124950bdd8b46e323364f.jpg
    l_404d801e46c124950bdd8b46e323364f.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
ya, the last couple times i was out there (prob. 4-5 years ago now) there was a lincoln cruising down the road fairly slow loaded with weirdo's and you know that shill up the spine, hair on the back of your neck stand up, someone is watching you feeling you get sometimes, well that is what i get everytime i even THINK about going down that road, that is a no-fly zone.

ya, the last couple times i was out there (prob. 4-5 years ago now) there was a lincoln cruising down the road fairly slow loaded with weirdo's and you know that shill up the spine, hair on the back of your neck stand up, someone is watching you feeling you get sometimes, well that is what i get everytime i even THINK about going down that road, that is a no-fly zone.

I had that experience once, except the lowered lincoln boucing and scraping up the road as I was headed out was full of gangsters. :eeek:

Thats Crazy you say that cuz like the second time i was ever up there a car that looked to be a oldsmobile full of Wiggers was rideing my A$$ all the way up till it turned to gravel. Then when the gravel got really thick all u could hear was the bottom of there car scrapeing so they stopped and turned around at the first bridge there. Thats soo weird now that i know im not the only on who has experienced strange things up there i think i will be going up there with more buds for now on lol

Thats Crazy you say that cuz like the second time i was ever up there a car that looked to be a oldsmobile full of Wiggers was rideing my A$$ all the way up till it turned to gravel. Then when the gravel got really thick all u could hear was the bottom of there car scrapeing so they stopped and turned around at the first bridge there. Thats soo weird now that i know im not the only on who has experienced strange things up there i think i will be going up there with more buds for now on lol

Oh ya man, I do not like going out there, as i said i haven't gone out there and don't care to go out there anytime soon. I used to enjoy going out there and riding quads and "wheeling" when i was first getting into it and of course shooting. but now it's just creepy...

Yea its kind of turning into a bad area not only with the ppl that go up there but aswell garbage everytime i go up there to shoot i usually bring a rake with me to rake up all the Caseings that my rifle and buddies rifles spew out and then some to try and keep it clean i would hate to see that get shut down like the place up there off of the mountain loop highway.

Used to fish/hunt up around Caskey lake when I was younger. I think the issue with gating off something thats always been open to the public is your are always going to get some resentment from those who have used it in the past.

i used to swim in that lake... [more of a pond though] but... theres so many broken beer bottles in the buttom of it that swiming in it was just no fun... then... we started thinking about... you know... guys... beer... metal casings all around theres gotta be a few thousand lead slugs in the buttom of the lake...

but... the biggest reason why they where gating it off, was people tearing it up. i havent been up there in 2 years of so... but the last time i was, there was toilet paper all around, beer cans and bottles... metal and plastic casings, garbage.... my grandpa would spend his time picking up the trash around the lake while we would swim...[he wouldnt touch the toilet paper, just sort of rake it into a pile, and burn it]

sorry if it seems like im stealin this thread...

Yea its kind of turning into a bad area not only with the ppl that go up there but aswell garbage everytime i go up there to shoot i usually bring a rake with me to rake up all the Caseings that my rifle and buddies rifles spew out and then some to try and keep it clean i would hate to see that get shut down like the place up there off of the mountain loop highway.

**** like thats sad... there used to be SO many places up in darrington.. that we would camp and hike, and my family being native american, gather stuff for cultrul stuff[different natural meds, and cedar bark for baskets, cat-tails for baskets, cedar logs for carvings,] and im not talking about you know my ansestors 200 years ago... im talking about 10 years ago.. and so many of the places have been closed due to idiots dumping garbage, their stolen cars... god knows what else... we couldnt get to ANY of the places that we used to camp at the last time we went out camping... and ended up some place else... i think one of these days, im going to donate some time to cleaning up some of the places that havent been closed down yet....

and its not like the forest servis closing these roads really matter... people just move the baracads... or go around them...

i know theres a few good guys in here already, seen some pictures of a guy hauling some old freezer out of the woods on a snow trip not to long ago. and a guy above mentioning how he picks up some emptys[dont take all of the... when we where kids we loved to pick them up and blow across the top and make that weird noise... leave a few for the kids...]

i dont know any more though....

about shooting ranges... ive never been to one... if i ever get this record of mine sealed. im going to stick to the gravle pit about a half mile from the house in darrington... snohomish and places around here... there are just to many people for me to feal safe about shooting something off...

if you WANT to go to darrington for shooting... i can give you some dirrections to places that we used to use.... im more familar with the darrington area then snohomish monroe and everett area... i know how to get to top foods, mc donads shucks and napa... and my girls house... and for my 21st... first street... LOL.... its good enough for me...

anyways... im rambling on about nuthing... and i need to get up sort of early... going to eat another slice of pizza and go to sleep... that should stop my rambling...

Last edited: