• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shop heaters

nowires

We had a choice like that for our home furnace but the salesman told us you have to clean and kind of tune them up to get the 93-95% efficiency out of them. We went with the lower one and have only had one problem in 15 years.

We had a choice like that for our home furnace but the salesman told us you have to clean and kind of tune them up to get the 93-95% efficiency out of them. We went with the lower one and have only had one problem in 15 years.

The non condensing unit will lI've much longer

The non condensing unit will lI've much longer
True
For a Shop heater, it wouldn't be worth the extra expense of the 90%+ unless sidewall discharge venting is your only option.
Are you running LP? It might be worth the extra, to save LP.

I have a couple used Reznor, 75K btu unit heaters for sale $350 ea.
They've got electronic ignition, & run on natural gas. They could be converted to propane with a kit. The kits usually run about $150, & an hour to do the conversion.
Installed, I would typically sell for around $2500K with venting and gas supply up to 50' from the appliance to tie in.

How big is your shop?

Out of the choices you listed there. The Hot Dawg is a better unit for head room in a shop.

Last edited:
I just installed a 100,000 btu Dayton unit heater. Got it new off EBay for $595.00. It shipped for $65.00. I get to see how well it really works later this week. The idea is to keep the shop 50ish (2500 sg ft with 14' ceiling.

True
For a Shop heater, it wouldn't be worth the extra expense of the 90%+ unless sidewall discharge venting is your only option.
Are you running LP? It might be worth the extra, to save LP.

I have a couple used Reznor, 75K btu unit heaters for sale $350 ea.
They've got electronic ignition, & run on natural gas. They could be converted to propane with a kit. The kits usually run about $150, & an hour to do the conversion.
Installed, I would typically sell for around $2500K with venting and gas supply up to 50' from the appliance to tie in.

How big is your shop?

Out of the choices you listed there. The Hot Dawg is a better unit for head room in a shop.

You can vent 80%ers out the wall with a tjurnland style vent kit

I think in a shop the regular one would be fine, i just put a 98.7% furnace in my house though but it gets used all the time my shop heater barely ever gets turned on just not worth the extra coin and hassle of the drain for it

I think in a shop the regular one would be fine, i just put a 98.7% furnace in my house though but it gets used all the time my shop heater barely ever gets turned on just not worth the extra coin and hassle of the drain for it
The reason 90% efficient + have a shorter life span is due to the corrosion of the moisture it harvests during it's burn. The seals, or parts that support them fail.
80%er's are more reliable, but still have to deal with ambient moisture corrosion.