• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

new shop build

rajincajingt

i guess it time to post on my garage build. the concrete had been done for a while, but i sat on that for a minute.

in October i bought the lot next door to my house and started plans. original plans were 40x40, but the max allowable by city codes is 900sqft, so i had to reduce to 36x24 with 12' walls.

WpLXp3nh.jpg

since im building on re-claimed wet lands, i needed pilings.
i originally searched for existing pilings as there used to be a house here before katrina, but there were only a few and they were in pretty rough shape, and not high enough, etc etc
L9DzMcgh.jpg

we used 30' and i added a couple extra on the outside of the garage to support a container or two if i need extra space down the road.
JfNsj8oh.jpg

pilings in

q5ybvfch.jpg

forms down, 18" beams around the perimeter, 18" down the middle and 2 12" deep cross beams, highway mesh, the whole 9

0NcAlCRh.jpg

5" of 4000psi

732ah7yh.jpg

so, obviously im dumping all of my money into this garage, so i cannot be paying rent at my shop downtown. so i had to move out before i finished the shop.

4 or 5 loads like this...
LsSc6oVh.jpg

and all my stuff is (mostly) in a container, for now.

J9Aj3pYh.jpg

so, one last test fit before i finalize the design and framing can start

lfmcMDzh.jpg

i put all of the anchors in over this past weekend

AGNPMwkh.jpg

wood showed up monday

ju5U2SIh.jpg

framing started wednesday

yvJIvEFh.jpg

SA2HDLSh.jpg

thursday's work completed
iaeIYXyh.jpg

they should finish today, given the rain holds off. this is what it looks like now:
7KWSVTkh.jpg

ill sub out the siding (per code it must match my house) hardi board
i will also sub out the roofing, seal tab to match the house.

then the rest is up to me.
i have a 100A sub panel from my old shop that will do just fine, the service to my house is 200A. so i should be golden.
oMJX3X9h.jpg

Hell yea, I like the shop builds. I'm in the process of putting up 32x20x14. Sure glad I don't have to deal with a super strict code like you do.

FlatlandFSJ said:
Hell yea, I like the shop builds. I'm in the process of putting up 32x20x14. Sure glad I don't have to deal with a super strict code like you do.

yeah, that brought the price up to a metal building costs, and i still have a stick built structure.

but hey, im 6 blocks from my work, ive found that convenience is rarely free.

Beerj said:
Nice. Where are you taking those pics from? The neighbors house?

ju5U2SIh.jpg

the blue house is mine. my next door neighbor is helping my out, storing that ole CJ and trailer and such. he also let me stuff his container with my **** while the garage is being built.

he is solid folk