• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SHOW US YOUR BUTT!!!

traveler said:
I know you said butts but if you get tired of that try smoked lasagnas its very good

Butts, no butts, it doesn't matter. I am intrigued with anything that has to do with food either grilled/ smoked/ COOKED. Never heard of smoked lasagnas, but sounds great. :eat:

jeeptj99 said:
Sounds delicious. Got a recipe?
its very easy grill the hamburger meat on tin foil just like you would on a stove only with a skillet then make your lasagnas up in tin foil pan that you can pick up at any grocery store then put on the smoker just to melt everything together because everything is already cooked

2d292ce7486825fb56efbb7da3ca5e62.jpg

Fat side up for 8 hrs...wrapped in foil for last 2 hrs to IT of 205 let it rest for an hr...and that equals deliciously pulled pork

Decided to smoke out some BBQ since the weather was finally nice. 7 Boston Butts weighing 8-9 lbs each and a couple slabs of ribs. Have to say they turned out damn near perfect. Tender and juicy with a good bark. 16 hours in the smoker for the butts, 5 hours for the ribs. I don't smoke out often so I get pretty excited when a batch turns out perfect.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 125
Skrmbld said:
Decided to smoke out some BBQ since the weather was finally nice. 7 Boston Butts weighing 8-9 lbs each and a couple slabs of ribs. Have to say they turned out damn near perfect. Tender and juicy with a good bark. 16 hours in the smoker for the butts, 5 hours for the ribs. I don't smoke out often so I get pretty excited when a batch turns out perfect.

looks awesome man, do you do anything with the drippings in the pans? ive always wanted to try some smoked gravy.

I don't do anything with the drippings. Makes it easier for cleanup. It is so oiley and fatty I'm sure it would liven up some baked beans or make good gravy, as long as it doesn't kill u with the first bite!

I'm jealous of u guys with the big fancy smokers. The 7 butts I cooked was the absolute maximum I could fit on mine. That whole pig looks delicious. How long does it take to smoke? What did it weigh?

Skrmbld said:
I'm jealous of u guys with the big fancy smokers. The 7 butts I cooked was the absolute maximum I could fit on mine. That whole pig looks delicious. How long does it take to smoke? What did it weigh?

these two of mine (ill let you decide which one i built and which one we bought):

wQ66Rr5l.jpg

hole pig was cooked on the left square pit. it was about 120-130lbs. it took almost 25 hours. but we cooked it real slow, like 210 degrees

Looking at all this food is making me HUNGRY. I might have to call out everyone for a COOKOUT!!! I'll donate my services to be the judge :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat:

CHASMAN9 said:
Looking at all this food is making me HUNGRY. I might have to call out everyone for a COOKOUT!!! I'll donate my services to be the judge :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat:

X2!!

Re: Re: SHOW US YOUR BUTT!!!

Bebop said:
Steve-O and TK ribs opened my eyes. In for "judging" ;D
Those ribs kicked ass. I asked how he did em but can't remember.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Do you like cooking on the square smoker or round barrel better? Obviously the square will cook more meat but as far as food quality or keeping temps even which design is better? Those whole slabs of ribs look mouth watering. Looks like u know how to feed a large crew.

Skrmbld said:
Do you like cooking on the square smoker or round barrel better? Obviously the square will cook more meat but as far as food quality or keeping temps even which design is better? Those whole slabs of ribs look mouth watering. Looks like u know how to feed a large crew.

it depends on if i am doing charcoal/fire wood or feeding live coals. for charcoal/fire wood cooks, the round one is super nice, as i only need to feed coals every 4 hours. the square one needs coals every 2-3 hours, but the square one is better for a whole hog because i can meter the smoke better. the round one, even with live coals, still smokes too much for super long cooks so you need to wrap the meat after it reaches the right color.

the square one is a direct heat with a diverter plate. the round one is indirect heat with an actual fire box in the middle and two smoke paths around the sides with centered exhaust. i built the round one.