• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

single or double ended ram?

liv2mx

i see most of the southern buggy's running just a single ended ram? why not double? lower cost, more reliable?
i am in the process of building a rig and i like the idea of just a single ram. what rams, pumps and valves are you guys using.i was also told a single ram turns slower 1 way is that true?

if you compare a 2.5x8 DE vs SE, your talking about $50 difference in the ram cost. some people don't like having to put a big mount on their axle to run a DE ram. SE ram is easier and more compact to mount. i personally run a DE ram. i like the feel and with high steer arms you can get it up out of the way. SE rams will have more power in one direction.

i've been running a full psc kit for a couple years. when i built my buggy, i sent the p pump off to be serviced and upgraded to a new reservior with filter and larger lines. so far i feel like my steering isn't as powerful as it was when the pump was brand new. supposedly the pump i sent in was fine, they freshened it up and sent it back no charge. i have nothing but positive things to say about psc's service, i usually speak with kelvin. with that said i'm considering going to a KRC pump at some point. i've heard nothing but good things about their service and pumps. i hear howe is the best but it is also pricey and some guys say their service can be lacking depending on who you talk to.

thanks for the info..i am leaning se ram just for the ease of mounting.i have billet knuckles w keyed high steer arms so i am not worried about sheering the bolts(seems to be common with a de setup) i just like the way i see everyone mount the SE ram. thinking a howe setup.have a good connection for howe.
just wondered why i dont see more SE ram setups other then the southern buggy's.