• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Single Seater Electrical

I would love to come help John, but I am doing the same as you! Pulled my dash cluster apart and have been replacing every terminal and connection, and also labeling it all. I believe I found my bad fuel pump line, it was a loose/dirty connector. All new waterproof breakers are going in and Jamie hooked me up with a bunch of reaily nice heat shrink connectors. Thanks man! Wiring sucks, but I have learned a good bit about the electrical system in my rig and should be good to go!

Matt O. said:
I would love to come help John, but I am doing the same as you! Pulled my dash cluster apart and have been replacing every terminal and connection, and also labeling it all. I believe I found my bad fuel pump line, it was a loose/dirty connector. All new waterproof breakers are going in and Jamie hooked me up with a bunch of reaily nice heat shrink connectors. Thanks man! Wiring sucks, but I have learned a good bit about the electrical system in my rig and should be good to go!

Knowing your electrical well is one of the best things you can do. That way, when an issue arrises, you know what to do. Like Saturday, when I jumped the compressor to the rear winch. Done quickly because I knew all the wiring routing.

Matt O. said:

GOOD DEAL, thats awesome you really need to know your electrical system inside and out regardless. Saves ALOT of time. thumb.gif

I am very happy the previous owner labeled everything with tape and magic marker and used quick disco connectors all around. Made the trying to figure out what this and that do much easier. I should have it finished up tonight I hope.

When i made my custom dash with autometers, I labeled everything with my 40 dollar label maker. Even though I wired it, it is easy to forget what is what down the road.

I have one of those majestic tools and tht is what I used. Found lots of dirty/loose connectors behind my dash. Even though the "dash" cluster backs up to my cowl/firewall, it still has an exposed gap and it was covered in old mud and dirt. I am still considering possible solutions for that problem, but I am moving to waterproof connectors for the time being. I pulled my Temp gauge out so it could dry out and maybe it will work again for me. Who knows.

I tried to use as many different color wires as I could get my hands on...it is a lot easier to tell where they go

DeleriousII said:
I tried to use as many different color wires as I could get my hands on...it is a lot easier to tell where they go
so what you're saying is when I rewired mine with Red/White/Black, I may have trouble in the future? :flipoff1:

InDaShop said:
I ran out of white and red and found green. So I do have like 2 green wires....

laughing1
I am in the same boat. Never really cosidered having to go back and fix sheet later. :dunno:

All I use now is the heatshrink connecters, they hold good and make a waterproof connection. **** soldering everything. Watekwire.com has them for cheap, they have a min quantity order but its still way cheaper than the parts store.

GB has a line of them now at most Ace HDWs too.

I've never had a problem with them once shrunk. But then again I don't ley'em on headers either.

Mr. Underkill said:
GB has a line of them now at most Ace HDWs too.

I've never had a problem with them once shrunk. But then again I don't ley'em on headers either.
I use them as well, and love them. My question for john's app was that if the wire coating was good for 275*, is the connector up to the task.

Latest posts