• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

slip yoke eliminator

there is. like i have a 72 chevy 350 trans and a 205 transfercase and it has a slip yoke and i am going to do away with it. the slip yoke but the strongest i found is a 1350 joint was just wondering if there was a stronger way.

chrisf5651 said:
there is. like i have a 72 chevy 350 trans and a 205 transfercase and it has a slip yoke and i am going to do away with it. the slip yoke but the strongest i found is a 1350 joint was just wondering if there was a stronger way.

your 205 has a slip yoke? so your looking for an SYE for your 205? or youve got a divorced 205 and looking for a fixed yoke output for the trans to go to the transfer? sorry, just trying to understand... got a pic?

im gonna guess its a 205 with slip yoke, i have never heared of one, but after a little research i found out that some chebby 205's DID have a slip yoke rear output... i would just find a chebby 205 with the fixed yoke (plentiful) and swap it.

I had one of these odd ball slip yokes on a chevy 205. Just find another 205 and rob the parts you need to swap it over. I went to pull a part and got the rear output off of a ford 205, worked great.