• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SLORV - February 17-19, 2012 - First Annual Gorilla Run

Timmie I've never seen you back down from a challenge.... You should build the baddest junk yard buggy the world has ever seen for 15 or less. Instead of a side by sibe you'd have a spare buggy. Name it the hatermobile or something. I would be a big :flipper: to all your critics. :****: molaugh molaugh molaugh

ORS4x4 said:
List of who all made the top and wasn't broken or DQ from time limit.

Appreciate it if you guys post this on all the other forums you attend.

Mark Simpson 2:16
Josh Ault 2:28
Bill Loecker 2:30
Heath Day 2:35
Joe Lawson 2:55
Tim Cameron 2:56
Charlie Fox 2:59
AllenPultz 3:03
Frank Vonderheide 3:11
Jo Jo Tanner 3:15
Joel Withers 3:15
Tim Bacon 3:17
Greg Baker 3:22
Leslie Davis 3:22
Robert Cardosa 3:27
Cole Chelette 3:39
Jason Kunkel 4:56
Chip McLauglin 4:57
Here's a list of where the money came from for Bounty Hill, or should we say "Showtime" Hill!

CSC Fab- Labronn Osborne_ Georga $4,500.00 Chassis
Performance Torque Converts - Ed Bendall - Mussell Shoals $500.00 Torque Converter
Gorilla Run - Rick Muns $400.00
Southern Rock Racing - Clyde $400.00
Superlift ORV $350.00 Gold Membership
Off-Road Solutions - Billy Mountjoy - Benton $300.00 Synthetic Line Fire Extinguisher Mount
Mad Ram 11- Cole Shirley $200.00
Martin & White Mechanical Contractors - Memphis $200.00
Mid South Show Car - Trip Pullen $200.00
Capricorn Brake - Micheal $200.00
Wheeling World Off Road Park - Eureka Springs $200.00
Blumenhaues - Larry Jordan $200.00
Arkansas Crawlers - Jason $100.00
Turner Offroad- Ty Turner $100.00
WFO Offroad- Jason- Chatanooga $100.00
Outlaw Crawlers - Joe Greene $100.00
Ault Auto Salvage - Josh Ault $100.00
Conner Heat & Air - Eric $100.00
4x4 Offorad Outfitters- Brad Homsely- NLR AR $100.00
#5 Fab - Darin Givens- Benton $60.00
Plum Nutz Offroad - Manhatton Kansas $50.00
Twig Mountain ORV _ Richard Calley $50.00
The young boy who gave his allowance $21.00
The Taylors $20.00

Total $8,551.00

Stu said:
That's a nice paycheck! That's great so many different people, businesses, and clubs put up cash and prizes!

The best one was the $21 from those boys!! That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen! Hope their Dad/Mom take care of them on that. Very cool to see so many from so many places all come together and support our "addiction"!! Ready for the next one!

Founding member of the Irresponsible Assclown Traveling Shitshow!!! :flipoff2:

mrtoddb said:
The best one was the $21 from those boys!! That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen! Hope their Dad/Mom take care of them on that. Very cool to see so many from so many places all come together and support our "addiction"!! Ready for the next one!

Founding member of the Irresponsible Assclown Traveling Shitshow!!! :flipoff2:

That was the best one of all. thumb.gif

Someone gave the kid some money back for being such a cool kid and stepping up like that.

I really thought the money gathering was great. Started as a trickle then just kept going, When them kids donated their allowance.... just don't get any better.

I recieved a phone call Wed. 03/28/2012 from Rick Muns -AlphaGorilla- owner of the Gorilla Run asking me to publicly apologize for taking any credit or claiming any involvement in the Gorilla Run that was held on Feb. 17-18 @ Superlift ORV Park in Hot Springs AR.

My involvement with the Gorilla Run event began after I called and offered Rick Muns my assistance in posting up this event on the Arkansas Crawlers, Hardline Crawlers, and Pirate4x4 forums. Most of the Competitors sent me their information and I then added them to my thread which listed all of the Competitors.

As far as my involvement with the Bounty Hill, Heath Day and I went to Superlift over the Christmas Holiday to cut the hill. It was my idea to go 'cut' a hill specifically for the purpose of adding some Pizazz to the event which I felt would be a good thing. Inside a month from the event I recieved a phone call from Rick Muns and his Partner advising me the the Bounty Hill would be 'cabled off' and would NOT be run as it was begininning to take the focus away from the main competition event @ Greg's Rocks (the comp course). After a long intense meeting Rick Muns agreeded to allow the Bounty Hill to be run as long as it didn't overshaddow the Comp.

After the Hugely successful First Annual Gorilla Run, I was interviewed for an article covering the Event as pertaining to the Bounty Hill. During the interview I was told that the other details had been gotten from someone else and that the Reporter wanted my take on the Bounty Hill as well as the Arkansas Crawler involvement in the whole matter. I smiply answered the questions ask of me, no more...no less

When the article was published, it quickly became apparent that all of the Sponsors names and information wasn't gathered accurately from the source it was obtained from. While I had absolutely no hand in providing this information I am sorry that the Sponsor advertising dollars were not Maximized to the fullest.

Here is a link to the article that is referenced above-

http://www.off-road.com/trails-events/trails/2012-gorilla-run-at-superlift-orv-park-53411.html
In short, if anyone feels that I misrepresented the Gorilla Run, the Bounty Hill or any Sponsor ( even though I wasn't the provider of the sponsor list) I want to say I am sorry. I felt I was promoting a great event, and at the time was glad to be a part of it.

Sincerely
Ty Turner-President of the Arkansas Crawlers

JESUS ROCKS

...edited for correct date on phone call and fixed the link

Link works fine for me, I see no problem with it, it list those involved with the race and those involved with the hil climb, I see you only did your best to help Rick and the park by posting it on the forums, with out it the turn out could have been alot less. I don't see the need for you to publicly apologize. now that my take :dblthumb:

Link works now. I don't see anything wrong with the article. Gave credit where credit was due. I agree with KINGSNAKE that if you hadn't put it on the forums the turnout would have more than likely been negatively effected.

This is a little confusing, from what ive read about this event, Turner Offroad has been the number one promoter getting the big names involved with the event. I dont understand why they wouldnt want you taking credig for your efforts. I can 100% give u credit for helping to spread the word about Southern Rock Racing, and appreciate it very much!
I was hoping you would be there to help show us around at superlift in may for the sxs event and in october for the buggy event. It takes volunteers like you to help grow our sport.

FroggF350 said:
This is a little confusing, from what ive read about this event, Turner Offroad has been the number one promoter getting the big names involved with the event. I dont understand why they wouldnt want you taking credig for your efforts. I can 100% give u credit for helping to spread the word about Southern Rock Racing, and appreciate it very much!
I was hoping you would be there to help show us around at superlift in may for the sxs event and in october for the buggy event. It takes volunteers like you to help grow our sport.

Brother... I'LL BE THERE and THANK you!!!!

FroggF350 said:
Fully agree 8)

Bounty hill is the only reason people walked away from that weekend feeling decent about it. I don't understand, either. I've said it elsewhere, may as well say it here - Thanks, Ty, for all your help to make this event a success!

Sounds to me like maybe Rick should handle his own promotion and handle all of the interviews himself. Maybe he should even handle all of the trail building. I am sure a lot of the folks that were there would not have come if it wasn't for the bounty hill. Maybe his ego can't handle the fact that you did it better than he could have I have been sorry I didn't go to this event but now I am glad I didn't give him any of my $.

It's already been said but the bounty hill is the only thing that saved the weekend from being a bust. Greg's Rocks was a very bad choice for the bouncer group. I'd say you did a great job helping get the word out and bounty hill saved the day for the whole thing.

Couldn't agree more with the statements above. If it weren't for Bounty Hill, a lot of people (myself included) would have left with a huge disappointment for the weekend.