• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SLORV - February 17-19, 2012 - First Annual Gorilla Run

TXcrawler said:
can anyone tell me if we can drive our rigs from the KOA to the park? we have about 10 rigs coming from Houston and none of them are street legal and we have spots at the KOA... any help would be great!
I have never had a problem driving my rig from the KOA or the Roadway over the years I have been going to Hot Springs.

Hey Everyone we just added a poll to try and get some sort of headcount for the catered meals. Please take a moment to vote on this if you are going to eat at the park. Can you please share this link to other forums where the run has been discussed. YOU don't have to register to vote. Select Friday and Saturday if attending both meals.

http://www.arkansascrawlers.com/main/forum/showthread.php?t=15816

Thanks everyone for all your help with this.

xjpaddler said:
about 2.5 miles

Koa also has a propane filling station :dblthumb:
Hells yes I did not know that. Last time we went I dind't need to refill but was looking. Closest I saw when I went for 40's and lotto tickets was in town.

Re: First Annual Gorilla Run @ Superlift in Hot Springs AR FEB. 17-19

xjpaddler said:
this, also what will the cost be for spectators, or just to ride on that sat????? ben getting asked this alot.

is it going to cost 75.00 to drive a jeep to the comp, to just watch the show ? or do you pay 5.00 and walk?

Re: First Annual Gorilla Run @ Superlift in Hot Springs AR FEB. 17-19

monster said:
is it going to cost 75.00 to drive a jeep to the comp, to just watch the show ? or do you pay 5.00 and walk?
That's the million dollar question... (or at least $70 question).

On page #6 relpy #144 if you haven't voted please do so , it will help with head count for food.

Thanks

Ok guys I'm going to try to answer some of these questions so there is no confusion!
When you enter the park and you pay to get in whether it's spectator or trail riding. You will be given a color coded wrist band.
If you are paying $75 that covers you and your rig anyone riding has to pay $5 for spectators fee that's 4 days of wheeling or for 1
If you pay to be a spectator you will only be allowed to drive your vehicle to and from the competition. If you are going to be wheeling you will be asked to pay the $75 fee. As a spectator you will still be able to purchase meal tickets and watch the band! We are trying to make this a fun and exciting time and expose new people to the sport and show different rigs and driving styles. This is for ENTERTAINMENT, I promise you will be entertained. There is no other event that is offering more! Come out we will show you a good time whether it's in the comp, on the trail, or at the dinner table hearing great music!

Thank you

Rick Muns
Alpha Gorilla

Also for those that dont know Gregs rocks is just off the main road at the pipeline, you can get a 2 wheel drive rig within a short walk of the trail. Then the bounty hill is just past the stageing area also on the main road.

thanks for clearing this up Rick :dblthumb:

plow boy said:
What is the parks position on using bolted tires for the bounty hill challenge

Don't see any reason they would care but it's just a guess. :dunno:

We went wheeling at the park today. Went down and took a look at the bounty hill. Talked to one of the park owners about cutting some trees at the bottom of the hill that needs to be gone. He said he would get that done. The first 30 feet is a step shale ledge. You can roll up on the ledge. After you get over the ledge it starts to level back off. I dont think the bounty will last to long with you guys. As long as the ledge dont get undercut at the start and stays where you can roll up the ledge it can be done. Mesko played on it a little with the sxor buggy just to check it out. Come on down and take it to the top.
Mike

57fever said:
We went wheeling at the park today. Went down and took a look at the bounty hill. Talked to one of the park owners about cutting some trees at the bottom of the hill that needs to be gone. He said he would get that done. The first 30 feet is a step shale ledge. You can roll up on the ledge. After you get over the ledge it starts to level back off. I dont think the bounty will last to long with you guys. As long as the ledge dont get undercut at the start and stays where you can roll up the ledge it can be done. Mesko played on it a little with the sxor buggy just to check it out. Come on down and take it to the top.
Mike

this is dead on, if the ledge stays smooth you boys will have little trouble. I think the trees at the bottom should stay, if your truly going for it, they wont be in play. also doesnt leave much room for error.