• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Small rear seat options

DirtMonkey

I am looking at making my current project into a 4 seater (out of necessity) Anybody know of a small (like 2 small kids max) seat for a rear seat application? I like the corbeau bench, but at 36" wide and 20" deep, even this is pushing the space confinements. Thanks

Oh, what happened to the search button?? :dunno:
Nevermind, I see it is moved to the and changed...Hmmm

449d3665cde39d50066e02a2b8b4c0e4.jpg

I wonder what an upholstery shop would charge to pad/cover a seat pan if you were to build one yourself? Might be an option if you can't find a bench narrow enough. At that point two kids may not fit in it either :dunno:

Re:

You always build something like this: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/964154-jeep-flip-fold-seat-suspension-seat.html

You likely need to use a zuk seat, or narrow a jeep bench

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

85toyo said:
I wonder what an upholstery shop would charge to pad/cover a seat pan if you were to build one yourself? Might be an option if you can't find a bench narrow enough. At that point two kids may not fit in it either :dunno:

That's a good idea! The more I look at this, the more I realize there just isn't enough real estate. Its not so much the width but the depth of the seat. The rear coilover mounts are what's causing the conflict. I'm going to draw up some stuff and regroup. I do have another (family) rig, so I dont have to make this a 4 seater, but it would be nice.

paradisepwoffrd said:
You always build something like this: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/964154-jeep-flip-fold-seat-suspension-seat.html

You likely need to use a zuk seat, or narrow a jeep bench

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That's pretty cool too. I don't think I've ever seen a factory, rear Zuk seat, anybody have any dimensions on one?

I put a racetrim in the rear of my Zuk. It isn't all that big and my two boys fit perfectly. It was given to me as it was cut in half to make smaller, I just welded it back together for my use. I wouldn't think it would take much to trim the middle, trim the foam and get it recovered in a smaller width. Being a Zuk I don't have a lot of room either, but the boys fit great.

Sleeps, that's a good looking Zuk. I think I've seen pics of that rig before... looks familiar... I looked at the race trim, looks like the Corbeau is actually narrower at 36".
Again its the depth of the seat causing problems. If I can lean the coilovers forward instead of inward, I think it could work. On a different note, what fuel cell is that? That's a good size and fit for that packaging. I hope to run a 10G or 12G cell. Thanks

DirtMonkey said:
Sleeps, that's a good looking Zuk. I think I've seen pics of that rig before... looks familiar... I looked at the race trim, looks like the Corbeau is actually narrower at 36".
Again its the depth of the seat causing problems. If I can lean the coilovers forward instead of inward, I think it could work. On a different note, what fuel cell is that? That's a good size and fit for that packaging. I hope to run a 10G or 12G cell. Thanks

8 gallon circle track from Smiley's Racing. They have a 12 gallon that's the same 18x18, but it's a little taller than mine. Thanks for the compliment, I've been trying.

sleepsontoilet said:
8 gallon circle track from Smiley's Racing. They have a 12 gallon that's the same 18x18, but it's a little taller than mine. Thanks for the compliment, I've been trying.

Im familiar with Smileys, I'll check that out. Thanks!

Technician said:
Empi kids seat

I really wanted one bench seat, but those are really compact and you cant beat the price! Hmmmm... -Thanks