• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

smallest 8 lug rear i can find??????

i was planing on useing a 350 turbo with maby dana 300 wounted some thing lower than 196.1 np 205 wish i sould find a dana 60 around 60 inchs wide

TBItoy said:
I think cutting down a 14b and using 2 short side shafts would work.
You could even use the shorter 14 bolt shafts. Not sure what the specific model is but one of mine has shafts where the long side is shorter than my short side of the srw, by a couple of inches at least.

I just built a custom high pinion ford kingpin 60 for the front of a Toyota. Swapped it to driver side drop. Even made the factory short side axle shaft work in the new short side so it has only one custom shaft. it was a bitch to make it all work but well worth it.

The old f250 with the stepside beds, late 60's to early 's, had the 16 spline, 62" wide full float dana 60's in them. Hard to find parts such as bearings and axles though. I ran one for several years.

Edit: pretty sure it was 62,63,64 Era f250.

There a fella in town that has a loader with 2 d60's maybe 48" wide. Even with the 16.5 wheels and 37" military tires it's near 66". I would have to call him to find out the machine maker but runs a 4cyl Ford engine about the same as a 4000 tractor.

mikeparker said:
There a fella in town that has a loader with 2 d60's maybe 48" wide. Even with the 16.5 wheels and 37" military tires it's near 66". I would have to call him to find out the machine maker but runs a 4cyl Ford engine about the same as a 4000 tractor.

Sounds like some ditch witches I've seen