• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Smith buggy parts list?

constant pressure

Was wondering if anyone has a complete list of parts to have a Jimmy Smith buggy built? Im trying to gather parts and would like to have a list from someone that has already did this. I already got the basic stuff motor,axles,tranny,transfer,coilovers,&44's. Thanks in advance!

Re: Smith buggy parts?

The parts are going to depend on your personal preferences and wether you want a roller or turn key

That's a good idea. Would be extremely helpfull to see someones detailed list. Any tube buggy list would work. :dblthumb:

mine is not a jimmy smith buggy but i started with 300' of .120 wall about 100'of .188 wall tubeing 60 front eaton rear chevy 350 turbo 350/205 and went from there

the chassie and big stuff is the easy part.wiring,placement of computer and gauges,fuel syatem.and lines,all the little stuff is what gets you.pedals,steering,orbital,hydraulic lines,mounting ram, throttle,brakes and all the lines.that **** takes for ever and plan on at least a 100 bucks a day runs to the parts store for really nothing.it's all worth it in the end though.

liv2mx said:
the chassie and big stuff is the easy part.wiring,placement of computer and gauges,fuel syatem.and lines,all the little stuff is what gets you.pedals,steering,orbital,hydraulic lines,mounting ram, throttle,brakes and all the lines.that **** takes for ever and plan on at least a 100 bucks a day runs to the parts store for really nothing.it's all worth it in the end though.

He's 100% right! Beginning to wonder if I'll ever get done.... :puke:

My smart ass answer is your check book. Jimmy will do the rest :****:.

other wise you need:
Motor
Trans
T-case
Front Axle
Rear Axle
Links
Suspension (coilovers, air shocks, clouds of titties...AKA ORI's)
bead locks
tires
seats
brakes
steering
Rad
coolers
winch
AND A BIG SET OF BRASS BALLS TO DRIVE IT LIKE SOMEONE ELSE PAID FOR IT :****:

Blase said:
My smart ass answer is your check book. Jimmy will do the rest :****:.

other wise you need:
Motor
Trans
T-case
Front Axle
Rear Axle
Links
Suspension (coilovers, air shocks, clouds of titties...AKA ORI's)
bead locks
tires
seats
brakes
steering
Rad
coolers for beverages, PS, Trans
winch
AND A BIG SET OF BRASS BALLS TO DRIVE IT LIKE SOMEONE ELSE PAID FOR IT :****:

:drinkers:

Just buy one thats ready to go, save thousands and many hours of work, theres always one for sell somewhere

Ive got plenty of parts to help you out in your search. :dblthumb:

4 FOA Piggy back Coilovers - $1k
Chevy 350 $500
Propane injection setup - $500
44 pitbulls on 16" Trail read beadlocks - $2400

T just stop by the house I have everything laid out right now getting ready for powder coat this weekend.It will give you good idea in everything you need from brake lines coolant ,trans,and steering lines.And all the fittings?

Just remember whatever you think it's going to cost add 10k to it.

Here is my list and I'm sure I forgot something. You can get most if not all of it at EOR.

Engine
Transmission
Transfer Case
Front Axle
Rear Axle
Beadlock Wheels
Tires
Winch
Shocks
Bump Stops
Drive Shafts
Aluminum Links
Rod Ends
Radiator with Electric Fans
Transmission Radiator with Fan
Hydraulic Hoses
Instruments
Switches & Fuses/Circuit Breakers
Lights
Power Steering System with Rams (Front & Rear) - Check PSC website for full system drawings showing all parts
Orbital Steering Valve
Steering Wheel with Short Shaft
Finned Power Steering Fluid Cooler
Fuel Tank, Pump & Filter System
Seats
Seat Belts