• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snake id

joho75287

d104147dc41987b0ff609cedf21120b4.jpg

Aight all you deep woods rednecks... What kind of snake was this on my back patio?? Had a triangular viper head. I nudged it with a shovel and it struck at the shovel a couple of times. Decided it's head needed to be removed at that time. Copperhead?? I'm in north TX due north of Dallas basically at the ok line. Too light colored to be a cotton mouth I think...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sure about that head shape? Definitely not a cotton mouth. Too long and slender. Not the right color or pattern for a copperhead and I am assuming it doesn't have rattles. I do believe you killed a "good" one.

Better safe than sorry, but I don't think it's one of the big 3.

CHASMAN9 said:
Texas Rat snake, ? Pretty common around there, non venomous. :dunno:
Yeah after looking at the googlz last night I came to the same conclusion.
I generally leave the good ones alone (and the bad ones if they aren't around my house) but this guy was really aggressive and I could have sworn that his head was diamond shaped enough to be poisonous... We have a curious little rat dog and I didn't want him bit...

You can tell venomous or not by the scales on its belly. After the ass if it one scale bad if it's split and looks like 2 scales good.

Re:

Damned if I'm gon be stickin my fanger up a snakes ass to see if its gon fawk me up if he bites me or not!! He may not was even gon mess with me until I fingered his ass and now he has to do something or loose his street cred.

My wife says there are only three types of snakes that scare her;

Big snakes

Little snakes

And sticks that look like snakes.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Re:

infamous1 said:
Damned if I'm gon be stickin my fanger up a snakes ass to see if its gon fawk me up if he bites me or not!! He may not was even gon mess with me until I fingered his ass and now he has to do something or loose his street cred.

My wife says there are only three types of snakes that scare her;

Big snakes

Little snakes

And sticks that look like snakes.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Funny you mention the three types. Old timer told me he didn't like six types of snakes. Live. Dead. Big. Small. Male. Female.

They say that 25% of all 1st bites are dry bites and you won't die. BUT, if I don't die from the lack of venom, I will die of lack of heart movement. MINE>>>>>>> :****: :****:

Recently Chuck Norris got bit by a king cobra...... After 10 days of extreme agony the snake finally died.

2 kind's of snakes. One that will hurt you and one that will make you hurt yourself. :****: