• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snap On Impact Gun Question

C

Cole

I had one that I thought was the shizz, but I had so much trouble out of it. When I sent it in under warranty, I just traded down to the old trusty ni-cad. Not one problem since.

Lithium is well worth the extra money. Makes a world of difference, weighs alot less too

have u seen the ingersoll rand lithuim impact used them both but own the IR like it better

Thanks guys, I want the lithium one but its out of stock right now so I may end up going with the regular one.

yj_wes said:
have u seen the ingersoll rand lithuim impact used them both but own the IR like it better

Man I haven't used the lithium one but I have used the regular one and it just didn't seem as good as the regular snap on. I wish I could test all of them out, would make it a lot easier.

Re: Re: Snap On Impact Gun Question

I like the Matco lithium .
1/2 and 3/8 drive. I mainly use the 3/8 drive

Dont have the lithium gun but I have the SO lithium drill and I have already warrantied one battery after a few months, They are a little lighter and charge fast but I dont know how long they will last. My dealer says they dont last as many charger as the other ones. which sucks cause they are like a 100 bucks, But I would go for it because its new. Plus SO will warranty the battery for a year

I have the newest lithium version and the HO like you had stolen. It is definetly worth the extra money. I use mine everyday, we have a shop and abuse them constantly. I used to carry a spare battery but with me but with the lithium theres no point. Snapon also make a car charger now:dblthumb:

we use the Milwaukee 1/2 drive every day at work and they wont back down. they only last about 3-6 months but then agai there subject to some pretty harsh conditions im sure water/mud and coal dust are not good for em

as a former Snap-On dealer I would say go with the lithium on. Here is the most important part of owning any cordless product. New batteries are expensive thru any tool dealer, all batteries have a limited life span so buying new ones down the road is a given. Make sure any battery you get is a "bolt together" battery. If it is then any Ellis Battery store can rebuild the batteries for 35 bucks with a 1 year warrenty. Any time I had a customer neeeding a battery rebuilt I sent them to my local store instead of back to SO to be rebuilt. Saves you some coin in the long run.

midsouthfab said:
Make sure any battery you get is a "bolt together" battery. If it is then any Ellis Battery store can rebuild the batteries for 35 bucks with a 1 year warrenty. Any time I had a customer neeeding a battery rebuilt I sent them to my local store instead of back to SO to be rebuilt. Saves you some coin in the long run.

Excellent point, batteries plus has rebuilt numerous dewalt and craftsman batteries for me for less than what new ones cost. :dblthumb:

EDIT: Tonight I called Batteries Plus fro a quote on some 19.2v Craftsman rebuilds, $53 each, bought a new pair for $64. Guess they went up. :dunno:

Thanks for all the great information. Now I just have to figure out if I want the Snap On which is on Back Order or the newest Ingersol Rand
wannabe said:
IR has a new one with 1150ftpounds of tourque!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I looked at this one and im not sure which one I want to get now.