• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snoring?

Zjman said:
Well I am that guy, I ignored the signs for years, heavy loud snorer and nobody could sleep with me, actually had a girl I was screwing wake me up one night shaking me, she said I hadn't took a breath in 30 seconds, I still ignored it, well the dr at my dot physical nailed me and off I went for a sleep study
During my study they came in and woke me up to put a clap mask on me, in the morning the guy told me I scared him to death and didn't feel comfortable me sleeping without it.
Turns out I have severe sleep apnea, my heart was gaining a beat and blood oxygen levels were dropping dangerously low, not to mention getting tired during day
Dr said they saved my life, without it I'd be dead in a few years by either heart attack or stroke, yeah it took a while to get used to it but now I absolutely cannot sleep without it, tried once and most awful experience of my life
Get tested man it could save ur life and your marriage and you might be able to sleep without that butt plug in there at night then
Seriously get tested and shame on you money pit Wear that machine man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trust me I have tried. Every night I wig out and rip it off my face. I wish I could wear it and sleep.

Re: Re: Snoring?

money_pit_yj said:
Trust me I have tried. Every night I wig out and rip it off my face. I wish I could wear it and sleep.
Yeah, no way I could ever wear anything like that. I don't think I could ever even wear a mouthpiece. I'm a picky sleeper. Rarely sleep good anywhere but my bed. I hate hotel beds/pillows, or really just anywhere other than my bed. I have to have a pillow between my legs when I sleep on my side too. Balls too big, gotta keep mah legs spaced out to give em some room....haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Like a lot of guys have already mentioned, GET IT CHECKED OUT. Yes, it seems embarrassing, yes, it is annoying, but if you read up on Sleep Apnoea it can be deadly. No, I don't mean when Pocahontas tries to choke you out with a pillow to collect on life insurance, I mean you actually stop breathing. I did my study going on 11+ years ago and afterwards the doctor told me to get back in IMMEDIATELY. I would stop breathing 83+- times per hour. I had it bad to where it also caused me to have RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome)... They fit me with a CPAP and tried every nose/mouth piece available till I settled on the nose pillow. IT WORKS... The hardest part was trying to get used to having an octopuss strapped on your face all night long, but when you do accept it, there's no better sleep other than after a 48 hour binge drunk. most all of these quick fix Anti-snore products are all bullshit, and being addicted to Nyquil is not the answer to the long term problem. Most insurance carriers will cover the cost of the testing and the machine, so it makes it that much easier to acquire. It is much more common than you think Josh and believe me, 11 years later and I am glad I did it. :dblthumb:

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
Like a lot of guys have already mentioned, GET IT CHECKED OUT. Yes, it seems embarrassing, yes, it is annoying, but if you read up on Sleep Apnoea it can be deadly. No, I don't mean when Pocahontas tries to choke you out with a pillow to collect on life insurance, I mean you actually stop breathing. I did my study going on 11+ years ago and afterwards the doctor told me to get back in IMMEDIATELY. I would stop breathing 83+- times per hour. I had it bad to where it also caused me to have RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome)... They fit me with a CPAP and tried every nose/mouth piece available till I settled on the nose pillow. IT WORKS... The hardest part was trying to get used to having an octopuss strapped on your face all night long, but when you do accept it, there's no better sleep other than after a 48 hour binge drunk. most all of these quick fix Anti-snore products are all bullshit, and being addicted to Nyquil is not the answer to the long term problem. Most insurance carriers will cover the cost of the testing and the machine, so it makes it that much easier to acquire. It is much more common than you think Josh and believe me, 11 years later and I am glad I did it. :dblthumb:

ADMINISTRATOR

What if you toss and turn at night? I don't see how those things anyone can sleep on them. I was admitted to the hospital several years ago for something unrelated and apparently my heart rate drops at night. like 30-40 beats a minute. I was setting alarms off and all sorts of stuff. scared the hell out of some nurses.

jeeptj99 said:
What if you toss and turn at night? I don't see how those things anyone can sleep on them. I was admitted to the hospital several years ago for something unrelated and apparently my heart rate drops at night. like 30-40 beats a minute. I was setting alarms off and all sorts of stuff. scared the hell out of some nurses.

I used to toss and turn as well as RLS and the CPAP and since I've been using my machine, I hardly ever rollover or move. Even when the hose gets wrapped around my throat or such, I just calmy unwrap now since I am used to it. A CPAP machine increases air pressure in your throat so that your airway doesn't collapse when you breathe in. The way I taught myself to adjust to my CPAP was before I went to sleep, I would put it on and watch some tv and by the time I was asleep, I was used to it.
During the night, you're body goes into almost a state of Coma thus dropping your heart rate down tremendously and then recovers by itself.

ADMINISTRATOR

My wife made me get tested because I would stop breathing while asleep. She was genuinely scared for me, not just upset about her losing sleep. And my kids make fun of my snoring.
They said that I was a 4 out of 10 & not worry about it. I even asked if I ever went into deep sleep & the dude said yes, several times. It was a waste of time in my case. I need to find a different place to go get retested.

BTW, I never thought it was embarrassing: especially since my wife was afraid it could kill me.

Dad snored like a banshee until he went and got checked out. Turns out severe sleep apnea and an out of rhythm heart. Which then led to heart surgery and a cpap. Which then led to them finding his now 2nd and 3rd rounds of cancer.

grcthird said:
Get that **** checked out, seriously go do a sleep study. I have a buddy that we used to hunt with that was super loud snoring. Come to find out he had some major health issues going on related to that, he has a cpap now and will tell you how much it has made his life better. (So will his wife)

This ^^ I've had my CPAP for almost 2 years. Best sleep I've ever had. During my study, they said I had over 200 "events" in a 2 hr span. :eek: No wonder I was always sleepy and grouchy.

jpony645 said:
This ^^ I've had my CPAP for almost 2 years. Best sleep I've ever had. During my study, they said I had over 200 "events" in a 2 hr span. :eek: No wonder I was always sleepy and grouchy.
I am always sleepy, but my sleep schedule is ****ed. I usually go to sleep at 2am, wake up around 6:30, get the stepson to school, then maybe 2 days a week if I'm lucky, I go back to sleep for 2-3 more hours before I have to get myself to school, the rest of the days I operate on 4ish hrs of sleep. Last night, i slept 3.5 hrs, up for about 30 minutes (he rode bus today), then went back to sleep for 3 more hours and I feel like I've just slept 10 hours lol that's pathetic.

TacomaJD said:
I am always sleepy, but my sleep schedule is ****ed. I usually go to sleep at 2am, wake up around 6:30, get the stepson to school, then maybe 2 days a week if I'm lucky, I go back to sleep for 2-3 more hours before I have to get myself to school, the rest of the days Ii operate on 4ish hrs of sleep. Last night, i slept 3.5 hrs, up for about 30 minutes (he rode bus today), then went back to sleep for 3 more hours and I feel like I've just slept 10 hours lol that's pathetic.

You would honestly not believe how much better you would feel if those 2-3 hours of sleep were with a CPAP. Seriously Josh, it will make a huge difference in how your body feels and in turn, you won't be so bitchy. I used to fall asleep immediately after dinner every night till I got mine, now I just fall asleep while eating dinner. jk... thumb.gif

ADMINISTRATOR

The test is borderline abuse but it's worth it, it changed my life, everyday I was getting super sleepy and drinking mt dew to stay awake. After I got on cpap I had tons of energy and if I drank dew I couldn't go to sleep at night, it will also help ya lose weight, sounds weird but it will if ur heavy, I thought it was all bullshit and was mad when I did the test but now I highly recommend it to anybody

This off google but try to sleep with that on and there's wired on ur legs too
b51a44640092dfc6cebe7af8e2e1f5bc.jpg

and this girl will be watching you sleep.

Attachments

• overlyattached-5900fa4a3df78c54563e3d8b.jpg
    overlyattached-5900fa4a3df78c54563e3d8b.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 84
CHASMAN9 said:

ADMINISTRATOR

I guess I have the same problems as you. I've been fighting all the symptoms for years. My wife wakes me up at least 4-5 times a night telling me to roll or move. Mainly cause I snore so loud shes gotten used to it and when I stop...I'm not breathing and she jerks me awake afraid I'm dying or some ****. Bout once a week I wake up in a dead panic with cold sweats..and or RLS. Guess its my body trying to wake me up to keep from dying :dunno: I feel the same as JD says sleepy,tired,bitchy most all the time. I drank coffee for awhile in the mornings to help with the tiredness but apparently the RLS was MUCH worse when drinking that much caffeine during the day.

Anybody on here done the sleep study and did NOT have health insurance? Since Obumer care my insurance got so high I had to dump it and sorta self insure. I've had quotes for sleep studies from roughly 1500 up to over 5k for self paying patients and that does NOT include any machines or what not. But none of the offices will pin down a roughly close estimate.

I had to take the narcolepsy test the next morning. 5 naps 1 hr each 30 minutes apart. Average person falls into deep sleep within the first nap and maybe second but none of the rest and most wont fall asleep after the second nap. I fell into REM in the first 4 naps within minutes....so I am borderline narcoleptic as well.

money_pit_yj said:
I had to take the narcolepsy test the next morning. 5 naps 1 hr each 30 minutes apart. Average person falls into deep sleep within the first nap and maybe second but none of the rest and most wont fall asleep after the second nap. I fell into REM in the first 4 naps within minutes....so I am borderline narcoleptic as well.
You're a total mess man. Lol.

Latest posts