• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snoring?

CHASMAN9 said:
Like a lot of guys have already mentioned, GET IT CHECKED OUT. Yes, it seems embarrassing, yes, it is annoying, but if you read up on Sleep Apnoea it can be deadly. No, I don't mean when Pocahontas tries to choke you out with a pillow to collect on life insurance, I mean you actually stop breathing. I did my study going on 11+ years ago and afterwards the doctor told me to get back in IMMEDIATELY. I would stop breathing 83+- times per hour. I had it bad to where it also caused me to have RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome)... They fit me with a CPAP and tried every nose/mouth piece available till I settled on the nose pillow. IT WORKS... The hardest part was trying to get used to having an octopuss strapped on your face all night long, but when you do accept it, there's no better sleep other than after a 48 hour binge drunk. most all of these quick fix Anti-snore products are all bullshit, and being addicted to Nyquil is not the answer to the long term problem. Most insurance carriers will cover the cost of the testing and the machine, so it makes it that much easier to acquire. It is much more common than you think Josh and believe me, 11 years later and I am glad I did it. :dblthumb:

ADMINISTRATOR

I have just got my CPAP this year and yes it is very hard to get used to. But I promise it is the best sleep you can get and you won't toss and turn hardly any once you are sleeping instead of waking up.

civicmindedex79 said:
I have just got my CPAP this year and yes it is very hard to get used to. But I promise it is the best sleep you can get and you won't toss and turn hardly any once you are sleeping instead of waking up.

So you feel like a new man in terms of rest and energy each morning now?

I tell everybody the hardest thing I do every day is wake up and get out of bed. I ain't even kidding either. No matter how tough/stressful life gets, literally the hardest, most worst part of my day is when I have to wake up. I fawking hate it and always feel like a giant turd in the mornings. I am not a morning person, but then again, I've always worked nights, so it comes with the territory I guess.

Getting my sleep study on.
9c7656cee73835624903dda6ee9d3414.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

TacomaJD said:
So you feel like a new man in terms of rest and energy each morning now?

I tell everybody the hardest thing I do every day is wake up and get out of bed. I ain't even kidding either. No matter how tough/stressful life gets, literally the hardest, most worst part of my day is when I have to wake up. I fawking hate it and always feel like a giant turd in the mornings. I am not a morning person, but then again, I've always worked nights, so it comes with the territory I guess.

I just seen this when it was bumped back up. Feel like a new man as in a very restful sleep and feel like actually got something out of going to sleep. So naturally makes you feel like you have more energy when you feel better.

Also I will say I had weight loss surgery 4 weeks ago and haven't wore it since the surgery. I feel like I am sleeping better and better every night after getting some weight off. I can't wait to see what it feels like if I can lose around the goal. thumb.gif

Re: Re: Snoring?

civicmindedex79 said:
Looks like a lot of fun. I did mine as a home study.
Pure F-ing misery. Slept about an hour, woke up like some shot a gun in the room and was awake for the entire night . The bed was a joke, felt like i had gotten wrapped up in a piece of rope. I hope i slept long enough to get a machine. The nurse is worried about that, she did say i snored and my O2 dropped in the eighties.

ROKTOY829 said:
Pure F-ing misery. Slept about an hour, woke up like some shot a gun in the room and was awake for the entire night . The bed was a joke, felt like i had gotten wrapped up in a piece of rope. I hope i slept long enough to get a machine. The nurse is worried about that, she did say i snored and my O2 dropped in the eighties.

That test is torture, I have to go first of year for a retest cause my machine is 5 years old and need a new one and they gotta see where I'm at, **** my last machine was maxed out pressure wise and told me a bypap machine was next. Ugggggggggg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The worst part is knowing that in the middle of the night you busted loose some Sweet and Sour chinese buffet air biscuit that sent them packing and machines squealing! OOPS ,was that me? lol Just admit it, you know you did in your sleep. :rolf:

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
The worst part is knowing that in the middle of the night you busted loose some Sweet and Sour chinese buffet air biscuit that sent them packing and machines squealing! OOPS ,was that me? lol Just admit it, you know you did in your sleep. :rolf:

ADMINISTRATOR

That's still gotta be better than what I was thinking. When I went to pick up my home study stuff every nurse in there was good-looking. I kept thinking I can only imagine how many guys come in here and then dream about these nurses all night. :cougar: :cougar: :woody: :woody: