• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snow tire in 33" size

33x13.5 on a stock Dana 30 front is going to be pusing it. The further out from the WMS you get with tha wide tire is going to start applying more stress to the unit bearing and ball joints.

I wouldn't go any bigger than a 33x12.50.

And for snow only find an old used set of Goodyear MT or do what everyone else does and get the Buckshot Mudders.

The best tire I have ever run in the snow is the BFG AT. Better than MTR, BFG MT, Swamper Bias, Procomp MT, all in comparable size, tread depths.

Jobless said:
33x13.5 on a stock Dana 30 front is going to be pusing it. The further out from the WMS you get with tha wide tire is going to start applying more stress to the unit bearing and ball joints.

I wouldn't go any bigger than a 33x12.50.

this is what i was worried about with the width of the tires. 34x10.5 ltb's in the snow, anyone?

sorry for the multiple questions, but how will the 34x9.50 special service swampers fit on an 8" rim?

Here is another against toyo

Rig: Jeep
User number: 329

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

35" Toyo's MTs

I don't think I would buy another set. They tend to into racing slicks in the mud. And they Hydro plane(13.5" wide) on the freeway. Those are my biggest two complaints. That and they are really heavy for there size. But I have gotten really good mileage out of them and they have really thick side walls. They're quite on the road and really stick to rock. They seem to do ok in dry dirt.

I had a set of 33-10.50 TSLs on my truck when I bought it and they saw quite a bit of snow and did pretty well in my opinion. I wasn't real impressed with them off road though. I think they would have performed much better if the center tread had been grooved to make individual lugs instead of a continuous zig zag pattern. Just my 2 cents.

Jobless said:
That narrow of a tire on an 8 inch is going to want to loose beads....alot.

so would a 7" rim like what interco recomends, make that much of a difference? do you know if the special service TSL's are radial? there recomended for duallys on interco's web site

If you want a snow tire only....get a Buckshot, MTR, AT, Swamper SSR Radials work well...Radial tires in the snow are key because the sidewalls bulge more increasing contact area and flotation.

Stay away from the stuff you don't see alot on the trail...there's a reason you don't see it there.

JACKED944RUNNER said:
Here is another against toyo

Rig: Jeep
User number: 329

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

35" Toyo's MTs

I don't think I would buy another set. They tend to into racing slicks in the mud. And they Hydro plane(13.5" wide) on the freeway. Those are my biggest two complaints. That and they are really heavy for there size. But I have gotten really good mileage out of them and they have really thick side walls. They're quite on the road and really stick to rock. They seem to do ok in dry dirt.

Yeah, I don't care what tire you put on a Jeep. At that size it's gonna ride like a covered wagon on the highway anyway.

And mud is mud, all tires at some point fill with goo. He wasn't using enough of the stupid pedal.

Jobless said:
If you want a snow tire only....get a Buckshot, MTR, AT, Swamper SSR Radials work well...Radial tires in the snow are key because the sidewalls bulge more increasing contact area and flotation.

Stay away from the stuff you don't see alot on the trail...there's a reason you don't see it there.

so are you saying the pizza cutter swamps wont work on the trail and in the snow? they are an odd size, but there still TSL's.

MarcW said:
so are you saying the pizza cutter swamps wont work on the trail and in the snow? they are an odd size, but there still TSL's.

Mauler ran some pizza cutters on one of his old Cherokees...they sucked.

Lots of **** stuck in the beads, beads always coming off, etc, etc...

Beadlocks would fix many of the asscocitaed problems but why bother with an odd sized tire?

Like I said before, you don't see alot of them on the trail for a reason....they don't work.

KarlVP said:
Yeah, I don't care what tire you put on a Jeep. At that size it's gonna ride like a covered wagon on the highway anyway.

And mud is mud, all tires at some point fill with goo. He wasn't using enough of the stupid pedal.
He was using plenty skinny pedal they just did not perform as well as my krawlers, or the swampers and buck shots, and even the BFG mud terrains

Jobless said:
Mauler ran some pizza cutters on one of his old Cherokees...they sucked.

Lots of **** stuck in the beads, beads always coming off, etc, etc...
this doesnt really say how they performed though. i get wood and **** stuck in my beads all the time, i would like to hear something like "they sucked off camber, and they didnt work on the rocks" if bead problems are the only thing wrong with them, there still in the running. also, do yuo know how wide of a wheel jeep mauler ran>?