• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snow wheelin in ellensburg Sunday

Turtle Bite

Some buddies and I are planning on heading up wilson creek road here in ellensburg to do some snow wheeling on sunday (the 20th). I am pretty well setup but there are some smaller guys with only one locker and 31's. Anybody is welcome to join us but be able to handle yourself. Should me more than enough snow. We will head down the road about 10AM, we will meet where the paved road turns into the dirt road. PM or call me directly if you need directions, my name is Josh PM me for my phone number.

EDIT: Josh, I deleted your phone number to protect you from unwanted trolls. I added that people can PM you for that info.

Comet
Trails Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a good time. My hydro steering got pretty hot and I stopped alot to put snow on the reservoir (i need a cooler) and I developed an oil leak. Other than that no big issues. The snow was very light and soft, the warm thursday and friday didnt do anything. Sean with 31's and only one locker had trouble getting around so he turned around after a couple of hours. Heres what I got for pictures...

100_0718_edited.jpg

100_0720_edited.jpg

100_0721_edited.jpg

Looks fun. How high does that road get? Looks like a good place to go for a change from the few roads we can snow-wheel on here.

The road goes up to about 4500 or 5000 feet before it intersects a road that is open only to snowmobiles.

No way to loop that I know of without going on closed for snowmobile trails. I have only made it that far once in three years. It took us from 10 till dark just to get where this picture was taken, which is maybe a quarter of the way. You probably wont run out of trail. Going out is much easier since it is mostly downhill and the trail is broken.

It is maybe 5 miles north of ellensburg. You just get on Wilson Creek road in ellensburg and keep heading north, it eventually turns to dirt and heads up the hills.

Please! Do not go up that road any farther (to where it turns to snowmobile only) Being a very avid snowmobiler I get pissed off to no end when f&%k head morons drive up groomed snowmobile trails. Nothing sucks worse than all of a sudden hiting someone's tire trench at 60 mph. Thanks for stoping :awesomework:

It's too bad the road at the end of the Wenas valey got gated, it was a way fun snow run to go up to the fire lookout, especialy to go back down the other side on the little road that spit you out right by the woodshed.

looks like some sugary snow, dig at all and you'r stuck. :booo:

How was that first long climb up the canyon? I remember that used to be a mess back in my E-Burg wheelin days.

What's usually the most difficult is after the long hillclimb in the beginning... you go left around a bend and you hit a short hill that can be a sheet of ice.

Please! Do not go up that road any farther (to where it turns to snowmobile only) Being a very avid snowmobiler I get pissed off to no end when f&%k head morons drive up groomed snowmobile trails. Nothing sucks worse than all of a sudden hiting someone's tire trench at 60 mph. Thanks for stoping

It's too bad the road at the end of the Wenas valey got gated, it was a way fun snow run to go up to the fire lookout, especialy to go back down the other side on the little road that spit you out right by the woodshed.

looks like some sugary snow, dig at all and you'r stuck.

We never go on the groomed trails. They are so far down the trail that I have only seen them once in the last three years, and that is a good spot to turn around anyways.

The first hillclimb up the hill was not bad. There were some retards in a half-ton chevy and a powerstroke that were turning around on the hill just as you go inside the brown gate. The chevy had just gotten winched out as we came up on them so I passed them and continued on, but on the way out I noticed the chevy tore up the ditch trying to get out. Those rigs had zero hope of making it any farther.

The trick for driving this snow seems to be staying on the road where it is packed and keep going unless your pointed down hill or on the flats.

Please! Being a very avid snowmobiler I get pissed off to no end when f&%k head morons drive up groomed snowmobile trails.

... that is funny, as someone who is not a snowmobiler nothing pisses me off more than over 1/2 of the roads around the valley being closed in the winter for snowmobilers... fawkers have machines built to go in the snow, and don't have trail restrictions, yet they need hundreds of miles of GROOMED ****ING TRAILS.

Good lookin pics, are you guys locals to Eburg? I haven't seen those Yota's around town???

... that is funny, as someone who is not a snowmobiler nothing pisses me off more than over 1/2 of the roads around the valley being closed in the winter for snowmobilers... fawkers have machines built to go in the snow, and don't have trail restrictions, yet they need hundreds of miles of GROOMED ****ING TRAILS.

Over half, like 80% is closed except for HOMObiling, ****ing whiney bastards...

Good lookin pics, are you guys locals to Eburg? I haven't seen those Yota's around town???

Didnt recognize my truck stuck?? Good to see the only pics Josh got of me were stuck ones... :fawkdancesmiley:

Please! Do not go up that road any farther (to where it turns to snowmobile only) Being a very avid snowmobiler I get pissed off to no end when f&%k head morons drive up groomed snowmobile trails. Nothing sucks worse than all of a sudden hiting someone's tire trench at 60 mph. Thanks for stoping :awesomework:

:booo:

Nothing sucks more than wheelin on groomed trails and having some asshat snowmobiler coming up on you at 60mph. :flipoff:

My truck kind of floats around between ellensburg, tri-cities, and occasionaly the west side. I go to school here and usually end up working in the tri-cities over the summer. Berto is definitely local though. (gray toyota)

My truck kind of floats around between ellensburg, tri-cities, and occasionaly the west side. I go to school here and usually end up working in the tri-cities over the summer. Berto is definitely local though. (gray toyota)

****, I know Berto well... I just never recognize his new truck!

i sure do miss wheeling over there, those were the days in college. Now i only get to play in the snow over there once a year. Looks good guys