• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snowmobiling

picked up this old whore for cheap.
SLP pipes and airbox:cool:.
IMG_1331.jpg

Haha, I have that into the track alone. I dont think Ill probably ever get rid of it, good back up sled.

i hear that.
hey, you have the rmk version right? my last one was an sks. I see why you were talkin about raising the front a few pages back now, this rmk sits loowww. the sks i had previously had easily 2" more travel. ski alignment was kinda goofy when i narrowed it. anyways... i think i will just level this one out a bit with a minor setback and 151-159" track, maybe 2.25" if I find a newer rmk chaincase...
:beer:

Ya, they sit way low, like to plow in deep snow. best way to lift em up is newer spindles and shocks off a newer sled. I think like 99-03 rmks had the longer spindles and shocks.

I fit a 2.25 by going to a 7 tooth driver instead of the stock 9 tooth I believe.

hmm i do not recall the 98-99 setup having longer spindles. maybe the 00-01? its been too long...
i dont think i will bother with longer shocks or edge chassis stuff on this. feels good to have another one sittin in the shop again tho! old school.:cool:

My dad's '99 RMK has the longer spindles.

I do love the old iron, I just wish I could get it to climb like the new stuff. What I think I need to do is buck up and put a newer style rear suspension in it. Still need to put some cone filters too.

I've been riding a Cat 900 last few years, climbs like a billy goat, but rides a lot like the older polaris's with the heavy front end.

My dad's '99 RMK has the longer spindles.

I do love the old iron, I just wish I could get it to climb like the new stuff. What I think I need to do is buck up and put a newer style rear suspension in it. Still need to put some cone filters too.

I've been riding a Cat 900 last few years, climbs like a billy goat, but rides a lot like the older polaris's with the heavy front end.

mine has an slp airbox, seems to fit perfect. never knew those fit the ultra..
I would draw the line on replacing the suspension personally.
them older x-10 suspensions are good for steep stuff with the rear scissor arm stops in place. I had more control climbing with my old one than my last 02 rmk 151 anyways. what helix you runnin?

^i found the 42/34 helix slp reccomends to be too aggressive for the ultra in the mountains. straight 36 that came stock in my old SKS was perfect. This one has a straight 34 :eeek: maybe that was stock in an rmk? ill be swapping in a 36 anyways.

Anybody go to the sno expo? i snuck over sunday and scored some old school slp skis for $30, 3 way egt with probes for 30, and a complete spare motor for $50.
the skis raised the front by 3/4" and are wider ta boot. good to see some white stuff on the passes:beer:

I went Sat morning. New stuff was selling fast. Didn't see many sleds go away but I was mainly inside the gates. Bought me new boots, a black Motorfist Composite helmet and a S1+ transmiter. :D

12/9/12 :hi:

Attachments

• IMG_1067.jpg
    IMG_1067.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1071.jpg
    IMG_1071.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 133
anybody still riding? went to gallagher last weekend. lots of gravel/rocks on the way. no pics, weather kinda sucked, but its still snowing up there:beer:
want to go this weekend but nobody to ride with. nw-grand's cat is always broken:looser::redneck: