• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Snowmobiling

boardbysled

Tree Nerd.
Need this thread to stop fillin up other threads...anyways...
Who rides? What do ya ride? Here's mine, 1996 Polaris Ultra RMK 680, PSI triple pipes, some intake work, 4 port digital gauge (water & all three pipes temps) 159x2.15 Polaris IV track, 1" Longer spindles off a newer sled, cutdown and blackedout windshield, 4" Dennis Kirk riser bars 2" wider than stock with turndowns, aftermarket grips, mountain bar, sissy bar thingy to tie boards on, looks like a stocker, rips like a mod:masturbanana[1]:

future "mods" on the sled include new seat cover, reworking the front suspension for a little more travel and added height(longer shocks), and riding the livin **** out of it this year:cool:
l_ab7170712a024394bd2be8b9ab5feaa8.jpg

an its got some "stuff":redneck:
l_508ff6bdaaa44045a36296b28a0698b2.jpg

an when me an my padre are lazy, we take this out
l_ed23a73039984899883d4127874a4563.jpg

build page:http://www.snowtoaster.com/*doh, looks like its down right now, be up later* some stat's on the snowtoaster: 1961 Thiokol 4t-10, orginally used by the military, then bought by EWU, and made its way to us. Powered by a 300 ford straight 6 through a c4 into a divorced NP205 (no front driveline, used just for gear reduction) driveline parking brake into a bombardier rear end out of a 70's bombardier snowcat(uses slave cylinders to apply force to allow clutches to slip to turn). Foam filled front tires, 8'6" wide, semi truck front seats, rear bench seats, 10-12 passenger capacity, 30 Gallon fuel tank, 25-30mph top speed, an really low crawl rato. Since adding the transfer case, the cat does really well in all types of snow conditions.

Last edited:
King Cat 900, Van Emberg tunnel, 162 track, Diamond hood, Boss seat, Jaws can. I need a pump gas turbo:haha:

Does anyone know what POLARIS stands for?
Pull Outof Lake And Rebuild In Summer:haha::haha::haha:

Does anyone know what POLARIS stands for?
Pull Outof Lake And Rebuild In Summer:haha::haha::haha:

lakes? i dont ride lakes...what do i look like, a flat lander?:fawkdancesmiley: its all about the steep an the deep, there is one thing that arctic cat and polaris guys can agree on though is that Ski Doo's bring the suck!:awesomework:

hi im scabpiker. skidoo and poo-laris are :puke:. m1000 is the only way to the top all other fail to compare.
m1000 ,162
boss seat, jaws can , M8 gears,2 wheel rear axle kit, bar risers
used to ride a gen 1 700 rmk (what a tank , that thing will not get out of its own way) Old sleds are fun.... for a while.
but modern power is Aaaaawwsooooooommmmmeee.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bananallama:

hi im scabpiker. skidoo and poo-laris are :puke:. m1000 is the only way to the top all other fail to compare.
m1000 ,162
boss seat, jaws can , M8 gears,2 wheel rear axle kit, bar risers
used to ride a gen 1 700 rmk (what a tank , that thing will not get out of its own way) Old sleds are fun.... for a while.
but modern power is Aaaaawwsooooooommmmmeee.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bananallama:

Your post count says that your opinion doesnt count!:fawkdancesmiley: Obvoisly ya never rode a "mod" triple, they have a great power band with lots of torque if ya properly "mod" them. I will admit, the stock triples are pigs, but ya can fix that an make em keep up with a brand new sled for about half the cost of a brand new sled. I still dream of puttin together a pump gas turbo kit for my ultra:drooling1:

2004 Summit 800 144"

I just baught a house by Fish Lake, I can ride all day right out of my driveway, FS roads are my backyard :fawkdancesmiley:

I've had snow 3 times already this year(only a few inches each time), actaully the snow level is just a couple hundred feet up the hill as of this morning(I'm at 2,200ft)

Last edited:
Your post count says that your opinion doesnt count!:fawkdancesmiley: Obvoisly ya never rode a "mod" triple, they have a great power band with lots of torque if ya properly "mod" them. I will admit, the stock triples are pigs, but ya can fix that an make em keep up with a brand new sled for about half the cost of a brand new sled. I still dream of puttin together a pump gas turbo kit for my ultra:drooling1:

:beer::beer::beer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8fdTCUknaQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zyk4GqeMvw

I have a few IQR mods, Cat 700 and building a turbo Nytro this year...cant believe I said that out loud:flipoff:

Last edited:

good luck putting a turbo on your ultra:rolleyes: it won't work, for some reason no one has ever made a turbo work on an ultra bottom end, has something to do with the volume in the crank case, i no people who run them on an xcr bottom end with no problems:awesomework:

Snowmobiling is sooo addictive!:mad:

totally addicted to riding, nothing comes close to riding a snomobile i have been riding since i was 3, i still have my first sled, 1970's artic cat kitty cat:D this thing is pimpin with the leaperd skind seat, wish i could post a pic:mad: