• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So i bought a 51 Whilly

you mean this one....hand so slipery i could not keep a grip on the wheel. leather gloves and slop dont work well together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN1AbbDNcIg
Sure... I think you were just trying to get a good 'film bite' :D

BTW, your camera doesn't zoom when its recording video, kind of a bummer and I would have been able to get better shots of you in the rock and log piles.

What machining makes them better?

Not trying to bum rush your thread but a pic is worth a thousand words. Yours and my wheels are the same.

attachment.php

I remove all the excess material around the centerbore and lug pockets. I leave plenty of material so strength isn't effected. It's how we do ALL deep pocket wheels now and have for a while. I did mine a couple years ago. I offer it to people as a "warranty" upgrade of sorts.

It makes puting lug nuts on alot easier and takes some weight outa the wheel.

Not trying to bum rush your thread but a pic is worth a thousand words. Yours and my wheels are the same.

attachment.php

I remove all the excess material around the centerbore and lug pockets. I leave plenty of material so strength isn't effected. It's how we do ALL deep pocket wheels now and have for a while. I did mine a couple years ago. I offer it to people as a "warranty" upgrade of sorts.

It makes puting lug nuts on alot easier and takes some weight outa the wheel.

ahh soo i see. that is a nice mod.

Actually it worked great, however i should/will need to add to it a little. i have a lip under the engine oil pan and it was flexed up enough to touch/crease the pan, causing the crankshaft to barely hit it. this caused imediate alarm but was a fairley easy fix to drop the pan beat the crease out and reinstall on the desert floor.

droping the skid without a floorjack on a level floor is a chore.:eeek:

So as things evolve, the one piece belly pan became a pain. So i cut it into three pieces and added a front oil pan portion. The first front portion kept getting bent/smashed up enough to still smash the oil pan sump.

So this time i made it out of the same T1 wear plate material as the rest of the skidplate is made from.