• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

so i got pulled over today for being to tall

How am I wrong in trying do something about morons doing **** they are not suppose to be? That pic was just the tail end of the 100 yds or so he had just driven across. There are a bunch of us that saw it. Granted maybe I should not have posted it here, seems like anyone trying to make a difference no matter what approach they take, be it right or wrong are heckled by the even more moronic inbreds that chose to do nothing. To compare me to the OP... well what is the comparison? BTW it has been send to ORV TW and as soon as one of you highly intelligent, all knowing, naysayers can point me to the right authorities It will end up there also.

And PUO I could give to shits about personal recognition. Ask anyone who really knows me personally. It's not about recognition, it's about trying to do the right thing, however misguided or futile.:kissmybutt:

no hard feelings duckster :beer: I'm just saying that when something like this comes up lets keep it under the radar with Pms' and e-mail. I'm sure you weren't looking for recognition, your just trying to do what is right and there is nothing wrong with that.

Sorry dude, I can't let this go......

......now you're not whinning. You are being blatantly disrespectful of the laws of the roadway. Admit it, you don't want help. Do you?

i think you mis read that or i didn't type it how i should have. what i meant was i know my truck is not everyones style, just like this forum. most poeple on here like buggies or jeeps and not big trucks. i don't care if someone doesn't like my truck, thats what i meant. my truck is how it is cause thats how i want it. i do care about the laws and this is why i am trying to fix it to make it legal. i have said it before and will say it again, i didn't know all the laws, my neighbor who is a fife cop said my truck is fine, the guy i bought it from never got a ticket for it. i have driven past and next to other cops all the time and have never been pulled over or questioned about my truck height for over a year so i assumed it is ok. i asked the officer what i could do to make it legal and he could care less and had an attitude with me even though i was just standing there listening to him giving him no attitude. same thing here, all i wanted is to see what you guys think i could do to fix it. thats all.

so go ahead Money Mark lay into me for me being so disrespectful of the laws that i didn't know

How am I wrong in trying do something about morons doing **** they are not suppose to be? That pic was just the tail end of the 100 yds or so he had just driven across. There are a bunch of us that saw it. Granted maybe I should not have posted it here, seems like anyone trying to make a difference no matter what approach they take, be it right or wrong are heckled by the even more moronic inbreds that chose to do nothing. To compare me to the OP... well what is the comparison? BTW it has been send to ORV TW and as soon as one of you highly intelligent, all knowing, naysayers can point me to the right authorities It will end up there also.

And PUO I could give to shits about personal recognition. Ask anyone who really knows me personally. It's not about recognition, it's about trying to do the right thing, however misguided or futile.:kissmybutt:

i think you mis read that or i didn't type it how i should have. what i meant was i know my truck is not everyones style, just like this forum. most poeple on here like buggies or jeeps and not big trucks. i don't care if someone doesn't like my truck, thats what i meant. my truck is how it is cause thats how i want it. i do care about the laws and this is why i am trying to fix it to make it legal. i have said it before and will say it again, i didn't know all the laws, my neighbor who is a fife cop said my truck is fine, the guy i bought it from never got a ticket for it. i have driven past and next to other cops all the time and have never been pulled over or questioned about my truck height for over a year so i assumed it is ok. i asked the officer what i could do to make it legal and he could care less and had an attitude with me even though i was just standing there listening to him giving him no attitude. same thing here, all i wanted is to see what you guys think i could do to fix it. thats all.

so go ahead Money Mark lay into me for me being so disrespectful of the laws that i didn't know

I can't read all this.......Was it good?:corn:

One would have to be fairly clueless to have been involved in the local offroad community for at the least the amount of time that your user registration indicates and yet still remain ignorant of the fact that that truck is in violation of at least some state regs. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now as you claim to have at least asked a few law enforcement officers about the legality of your truck. If nothing else, you've probably learned that police officers are not always the best source of advice regarding legal minutia.

Also, ignorance of the law is no defense.

ok i am gonna piss some people off so ahead of time :flipoff:
this thread should be locked!
all i read was a bunch of asshats trying to say why they are better then one guy asking a question..

let me ask this. how is cutting new trails,and blazing old shut down trails because you want to any different then this guy driving a truck thats to big?and he is trying to fix the problem,asking for help.

i know some fo you spit in the laws face every time you go wheelin. and if you try to talk to you, the **** off attitude comes out.( ive been wheelin here for years so i can do what i want!) then you get butthurt when governing bodies try to limit your area. wtf? some of you need to look at yourself,and let us know how and when you break the law on purpose,that it is ok.

like i said this thread should be locked down since no one here on nw-wheelers cares to help a guy with a question out. since the thought of educating each other,and helping one another in the same sport is gone!
we should just all give up!!

let me ask this. how is cutting new trails,and blazing old shut down trails because you want to any different then this guy driving a truck thats to big?and he is trying to fix the problem,asking for help.

i know some fo you spit in the laws face every time you go wheelin. and if you try to talk to you, the **** off attitude comes out.( ive been wheelin here for years so i can do what i want!) then you get butthurt when governing bodies try to limit your area. wtf?

First what does this have to do with the topic and second who are you talking about?....The thread should have been locked after the second post when the question was answered. After that there should have been a new thread started in chit chat.

like i said if i piss you off :flipoff:!(and i dont think you were one of those i was mentioning)
i guess its like comparing apples to oranges..if one does something illegal on the road its illegal,some feel since they are offraod(phuckit) i can break laws(rules) wrong!!!
but there is a group of them, and they are here.
some also break the laws(rules),but just dont care.
i agree this should be moved to chit chat or locked,since the second post contained the answers.

You mean like this guy driving through the meadows at Funny Rocks? I caught just the tail end of his little excursion.

Did you go and contact him to try to educate him on what his wrong doings were? Or just figuered we could burn him at the stake on da interweb?:eeek:

Looks like he left no tracks to me. Looks like he crossed others tracks, but didnt make any new ones. :;

What about the back country/cross country rules? Doesnt it state you can drive cross country if the disturbance has recovered in 6 or 7 months?:corn:

We need a pisss and moan section. So folks dont have to wade through this **** thinking it might be good BS.:rolleyes:

What about the back country/cross country rules? Doesnt it state you can drive cross country if the disturbance has recovered in 6 or 7 months?:corn:

We need a pisss and moan section. So folks dont have to wade through this **** thinking it might be good BS.:rolleyes:
they recently changed the cross country travel rule.(if that whats you're referring to)
and its not allowed. well, i think it still is, but its in the work to be changed. and we were told to act as if it wasnt legal, since it wont be shortly....

Who told you that? If it's legal it's legal and if it's not then it's not.....About to change doesn't mean anything.
dont remember his name, someone from the FS. shepard maybe??
basically he didnt want us getting used to doing it, since its changing, and wont be legal soon.

If nothing else, you've probably learned that police officers are not always the best source of advice regarding legal minutia.

Just remember that cuts both directions.

Some officers will flat out make up laws regarding vehicle modifications, or what is legal and what isn't. Like Dan and him writing someone up for having a stock bumper for his year of vehicle because it wasn't capped on the ends.

Duck - Thanks for wanting to do the right thing. The ORV community needs people like you.:cool:

blznnp - I hope you find a legal compromise with your truck. Good luck to you.:awesomework:

Everyone else that has posted - Turn up the drama......I'm getting bored over here.:redneck:

Now the question to ask yourselves.......was I ever serious?

:stirpot:

Now the question to ask yourselves.......was I ever serious?

Well to be quite honest, I am not sure you have ever NOT been serious, but that has never stop us for laughing at your posts! :awesomework:

So please don't stop, I like it when I laugh so hard my sides hurt. :fawkdancesmiley:

:corn: :corn: :corn:

One would have to be fairly clueless to have been involved in the local offroad community for at the least the amount of time that your user registration indicates and yet still remain ignorant of the fact that that truck is in violation of at least some state regs. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now as you claim to have at least asked a few law enforcement officers about the legality of your truck. If nothing else, you've probably learned that police officers are not always the best source of advice regarding legal minutia.

Also, ignorance of the law is no defense.

i have actually only been up to evans creek twice, we ran 311 only one time and the second what just to go find some snow, and thats about it, i use to have a few mini trucks that were bagged and now i am building my blazer to go up on trails and i have owned this truck for a year. so honestly, a lot of this is all new to me. and yes, police aren't the best source, but a cop at my church said kinda the best answer, "its at the officers discretion"

Yup, but you saw yourself as being a total **** so now you are over compensating with all the kudos so you won't look like PUO. :fawkdancesmiley::haha::haha:

Money mark is having withdrawls because his boyfriend left him for someone with a street legal rig... :fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley:

hmm I think I saw it today as well!: :fawkdancesmiley: :redneck: :redneck: :D :haha: :haha: :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:
MM8CUM.jpg

Yup, but you saw yourself as being a total **** so now you are over compensating with all the kudos so you won't look like PUO. :fawkdancesmiley::haha::haha:

Yes. No. Maybe. You'll never know......

I'm not easily upset.......but, OH! THE PAIN you have just caused with this statement is unbearable.:booo:

Thank you Duckster, thank you for making me a better man from all of this. I concede. :worship:

Latest posts