• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

so i got pulled over today for being to tall

i couldnt agree more with you ian is cool he has let me pass by a number of times up at evans and just waved when he could have given a ticket. dan sucks.

Go to the auditors office and raise your GVW on the truck to anything over 7501 lbs put rediculous mud flaps on it and make sure ALL of the lights on the rig work and you'll get away with a whole lot more than you probably should...

I used to get pulled over about once a month for minor things that the officers said needed to be fixed. It took awhile to get it all to their liking butt they all left me alone once I showed I was trying to do it right. :;

Go to the auditors office and raise your GVW on the truck to anything over 7501 lbs put rediculous mud flaps on it and make sure ALL of the lights on the rig work and you'll get away with a whole lot more than you probably should...

I used to get pulled over about once a month for minor things that the officers said needed to be fixed. It took awhile to get it all to their liking butt they all left me alone once I showed I was trying to do it right. :;

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:Get your facts str8!:kissmyass:

Good luck. The auditor laughed at me when I asked to raise the tonnage on the stomper back wheen it used to see the road on 44s. They said they could lower factory tonnage but not raise it. Otherwise you could tab a S10 blazer for 10,000# and tow a fifth wheel trailer legaly.:rolleyes:

I didnt give up though. I went to the local podunk Giftshop/tab place up here in the hills and lied my ass off, confused the old lady untill she thought it was OK to change the tonnage.

Bammm, Got 10k now!!

Paid over 100 bucks for tabs (10,000#) every year for ten years.:D

Then I got pulled over and get the same bumper height ticket I did before. Turns out that extra hundy I been spendin every year only got me another THREE Inches extra allowance for height.

What a waste.:booo:

My facts are straight.... If you want to be legal you have to buy tonnage, my dads dodge that I tow with is licensed for 16k, has been since he started hauling RV's all over the country. All it took was a wad of cash at the auditors and it was done. If you had issues doing it you are dealing with dipshits.

My facts are straight.... If you want to be legal you have to buy tonnage, my dads dodge that I tow with is licensed for 16k, has been since he started hauling RV's all over the country. All it took was a wad of cash at the auditors and it was done. If you had issues doing it you are dealing with dipshits.

I say we do that anyway. with the GVW tax when you go to get new tabs for you rig.

my diesel is much more than my pathfinder. to register.

Quit your whining. Your rig is illegal. If you choose to drive it on the road like it is you deserve the tickets that come with it.:rolleyes:

im not whining, i am asking for help on what i can do to make it street legal. anytime i ask anything on this forum i get stupid responses. i have driven it like this for a year with no problems. right next to cops all the time, they didn't pull me over so i didn't think anything of it.

i do have mudflaps on it.

Crash-thanks, thats all i am asking for but it seems pretty hard to get it on this forum.

and yes, that is my truck and the weight on it is 6200 i believe.

im not whining.........

Reading you orginal post, it sure seemed that way to me.......and others too, it seems.:eeek:

Crash-thanks, thats all i am asking for but it seems pretty hard to get it on this forum.

Learn to weed through the RESPONSES on your post and look for INFORMATION about your questiuon.:; .........And learn how to ASK a question.

Example: "I got pulled over for not being street legal. How do I fix this?"

Sincerely, your neighborhood troll.:tits2:

im not whining, i am asking for help on what i can do to make it street legal. anytime i ask anything on this forum i get stupid responses. i have driven it like this for a year with no problems. right next to cops all the time, they didn't pull me over so i didn't think anything of it.

i do have mudflaps on it.

and yes, that is my truck and the weight on it is 6200 i believe.

The BS comes and goes--take it with a grain of salt. Plus you will learn there are only a few guys here who seem to hbave one agenda--cause trouble. But they might be gone here soon :awesomework:

The BS comes and goes--take it with a grain of salt. Plus you will learn there are only a few guys here who seem to hbave one agenda--cause trouble. But they might be gone here soon :awesomework:

Really? :eeek:

Like WHO??:corn::booo:

Really..its called HAVING THICK SKIN!!! THICKER THE BETTER!!! and like Crash said..take it with a grain of salt!!!!:awesomework:

im not whining, i am asking for help on what i can do to make it street legal.

The applicable RCWs were posted in the first response to the thread. What you need to do to make it street legal seems rather self-explanatory to me.

A) Lower the truck and put smaller tires on it.

B) Fabricate some bumpers that drop down to the legal maximum height, if the headlights are more than 54" from the ground then relocate them lower, and use flares and flaps to ensure proper coverage of the tires.

Or you could continue to drive it as is, accepting the fact that you are going to occasionaly be hassled and issued citations for it.

Drive a high profile vehicle that is in obvious violation of state regs, don't be surprised when some of the attention that you are seeking turns out to be negative. It's one thing to skirt the law or even cross the line a little, it's a another to blatantly ignore it.

Drive a high profile vehicle that is in obvious violation of state regs, don't be surprised when some of the attention that you are seeking turns out to be negative. It's one thing to skirt the law or even cross the line a little, it's a another to blatantly ignore it.

Well said :awesomework: