• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

So many RZRs!!!

GUNNIN

Went to Morris mnt this weekend for RBD and had a blast. Had a great time riding hanging with freinds and watching everybody else hit stuff.

The only problems I encountered was that there are so many RZRs. Don't get me wrong I like them and wouldn't mind having one but dam if they don't get to be a pain in the ass sometimes. Some of these pricks that mommie and daddy bought them a ride are inconsiderate and have no trail manners. More than once we came up on a place where there were so many you could barley get through. Some of these guys race down the trails like there in a race. The crowd up around the end of trails and all in the trails. Now not ALL of them are like this there are plenty of them that are very gracious but for 1 or 2 of them seems like there are 5 that aren't. Just makes it hard when you have groups of 4-5 rigs and you can't get around to different places.

Sometimes it really makes people not want to come to theses big rides. Kinda makes me wish it was like it use to be when they didn't allow them. I know I heared more than a few people saying the same thing.

That's just my opinion. May just be that I'm jealous and that I'm a broke :JRich: And can't afford one. Cause I really do like them

Re:

The pest of the off road community. With all the fancy light antennae and coontunes... Just so much fun.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This topic seems to recur after every big event. It's just part of it. They are here and aren't going away. May as well get used to it. I've bitched about em but I just got used to em and try to ignore them. Just act like your gonna hit them and they move. :****:

Back when all I rode was a sxs we always gave right of way to the larger vehicle. I guess we were some of the few to actually do that

twizt3dfuc said:
The pest of the off road community. With all the fancy light antennae and coontunes... Just so much fun.

LOL.....I was asking some guys at Windrock this weekend about the RZR stuff. They were some guys/girls in their 40's I'd say. I asked them, "What do those weird colored CB antennae things do? Are they like the desert orange triangle flag notifier things?" Without a hesitation, one guy said, 'They're to let everyone know you take mass quantities of cock in your asshole." This was confirmed by the rest of his group with a 'yyyyyup, that's right".

I guess that's one reason why I like Windrock so much. You'll see a TON of those sxs's in the parking lot, but you really only see them on the gravel roads or huddled up at the bottom of a tough section of the trail waiting to watch something that will climb it.

For the most part, they stay off the buggy trails. Windrock being so open and all. I can only recall twice we had to turn around on a hill/trail due to SXS carnage/yardsale. Once was on Schoolbus, guy had a broken a rear axle. He yelled back with a SORRY...IVE GOT A SPARE/WONT TAKE BUT A COUPLE MINUTES TO FIX! He was right....took him like 10 minutes or so. Fired it back up....went 6ft and broke a front axle. The other time was on Cadillac. Guy had limped it in 3 wheel drive 75% of the trail to keep up with his Jeep buddies and then on the last leg of the trail as the hill got hard, he went to make a turn and the ball joint blew out.

Now, if we take a leisurely cruise down some moderate trails....they're there. For whatever reason they like to park smack dab in the middle of the damn trail. No clue why.

Now, i'll admit....I'm a fast paced rider, I don't like to fart around...I like to cover lotsa ground. I'm in a 1ton YJ on 43's with 2psi....conventional springs/40$ white shocks....really nice suspension seats. I KNOW that combo isn't "Cadillac ride" build quality, but I think it's damn comfortable. I've also ridden in a RZR......it's like ridin in a damn cloud! But what REALLY gets me is when "I" catch these SXS groups on THEIR trails.....****, c'mon man.

tonybolton said:
LOL.....I was asking some guys at Windrock this weekend about the RZR stuff. They were some guys/girls in their 40's I'd say. I asked them, "What do those weird colored CB antennae things do? Are they like the desert orange triangle flag notifier things?" Without a hesitation, one guy said, 'They're to let everyone know you take mass quantities of cock in your asshole." This was confirmed by the rest of his group with a 'yyyyyup, that's right".

I guess that's one reason why I like Windrock so much. You'll see a TON of those sxs's in the parking lot, but you really only see them on the gravel roads or huddled up at the bottom of a tough section of the trail waiting to watch something that will climb it.

For the most part, they stay off the buggy trails. Windrock being so open and all. I can only recall twice we had to turn around on a hill/trail due to SXS carnage/yardsale. Once was on Schoolbus, guy had a broken a rear axle. He yelled back with a SORRY...IVE GOT A SPARE/WONT TAKE BUT A COUPLE MINUTES TO FIX! He was right....took him like 10 minutes or so. Fired it back up....went 6ft and broke a front axle. The other time was on Cadillac. Guy had limped it in 3 wheel drive 75% of the trail to keep up with his Jeep buddies and then on the last leg of the trail as the hill got hard, he went to make a turn and the ball joint blew out.

Except for those douche nozzles that held me, u and Travis up on 39 a few weeks ago. It was cool of you to let the autistic boy ride with you for a minute.

pholmann said:
Except for those douche nozzles that held me, u and Travis up on 39 a few weeks ago. It was cool of you to let the autistic boy ride with you for a minute.

AHHHH!!!! I did forget about that! I was pissed for a minute about that....but when I saw him and heard him talk....I was like, oh cool they're doin' the family thing, I bet he's having a blast!....i'll back off. Then once I saw the mother begging/pleading to her husband/boyfriend to turn around or stop making him climb that ****, I started gettin' pissed again. The 3rd time they stopped and he had to ride that 4wheeler up a rinky dink hill for his kid, I told his mother that they really do NOT need to be on this trail...it gets MUCH worse. I figured she let her man know and they'd let us go by or turn around. When I saw him start talking down to the kid is when I just told him to get in the jeep. Poor kid....he was scared to death. I let him take the wheel for a bit in the jeep when he sat in the pass. seat.

I felt even worse after we got past the hill and he begged his mom to just let him ride in my jeep and his dad told him no. Poor kid...

tonybolton said:
LOL.....I was asking some guys at Windrock this weekend about the RZR stuff. They were some guys/girls in their 40's I'd say. I asked them, "What do those weird colored CB antennae things do? Are they like the desert orange triangle flag notifier things?" Without a hesitation, one guy said, 'They're to let everyone know you take mass quantities of cock in your asshole." This was confirmed by the rest of his group with a 'yyyyyup, that's right

I think may have laughed a little to hard at that

My buddy just bought one of XP1000 turbos. He was telling me about this awesome trail they found where they had to do some rock crawling........he bragged about how he was able to climb through the rough stuff as he used his hand down to his knee to show me how big the rocks were.....I just smiled.

However, I'd love to have one for running wide open out here in the desert. Some of the 2-tracks we take to get back into canyons are bad ass fun for high speed stuff.

So here are my thoughts. I'll try to keep this concise, but it will likely be a book. In no particular order...

I own both a Jeep and a RZR and the latter has definitely seen more trail time lately due to convenience. With that being said, consider a few of these things.

I bought my rzr brand new. It doesn't have a fancy light bar or loud music (or any music for that matter), or wake the dead loud exhaust on it. I put harnesses in it, a cage on it and skid plates under it. Other than that, it's stock. I've put 250 miles on it between Hot springs, Choccolocco and Morris Mountain. Haven't broken anything. If I do, it has a warranty. In fact, I haven't turned a wrench on it. I paid the dealership to do the break in service to keep the warranty intact. Other than that, gas and go.

Yes, there were a ton of rzrs (including mine) at RBD. It is advertised as the "biggest wheeling party of the year". You didn't really think that was the weekend to go trail ride and not have a crowd did you? Would anyone complain if there were as many showtime 2.0 buggies as there were rzrs? Nope. So other than the $$, what's the difference?

Yes, some rzrs haul ass down the trails. I absolutely do when there aren't crowds of pedestrians. Did you see the bouncers on primos or RBD? Yes, they were hauling ass too. I know those are obstacles, but the trails are obstacles too. Everyone paid the same price for admission. Wheel where you choose to. I'll do the same.

Yes, tons of rzrs seem to park in the middle of the forking trail...you can't fix stupid. Don't do this, regardless of what you drive.

Yes, the rainbow lighted whips and stuff are gay as aids. But, it doesn't hurt me. Don't go putting your mouth all over it and it probably won't hurt you either.

Yes, rzrs are keeping the fabricators in work. Look at all the different custom cages on the trail. I don't hear CSC fab complaining about rzrs because they are selling cages at $3000-5000 each like hot cakes.

Yes rzrs pay admission and keep the parks open. The more people riding, the better. I bet of Polaris had been behind Tellico staying open, we would have stood a better chance...

Yes, some rzr drivers could use a lesson in trail etiquette. So could tons of "other" drivers. I yield the right of way more than I don't. Most of this has to do with position on the trail. I was taught that the right of way is given, not taken. Maybe we should all try to practice that a little more often.

I thought of a few more last night when I read this, but forgot them. I'll admit, I am getting a little tired of the rzr "hating". It's just getting old. Do I have less right to ride on the trails because I am in a rzr instead of my jeep? If you feel that way, feel free to stop me and tell me. I'd be happy to educate you on why I disagree. I've ran parts to broken rigs, propane to rigs out of fuel, put up signs on trails at choccolocco, found lost folks, and showed people around that didn't know the parks, all in my rzr.

In closing, if you guys want something to bitch about, lets bitch about the drivers and Passengers of rzrs, buggies and trail rigs alike that insist on throwing their garbage out on the trail. It made me sick to see all the beer cans and trash at RBD that stretched from the parking lot to the furthest corners of the park. All the big obstacles were covered in that crap. What is wrong with THOSE people?

creepycrawly said:
So here are my thoughts. I'll try to keep this concise, but it will likely be a book. In no particular order...

I own both a Jeep and a RZR and the latter has definitely seen more trail time lately due to convenience. With that being said, consider a few of these things.

I bought my rzr brand new. It doesn't have a fancy light bar or loud music (or any music for that matter), or wake the dead loud exhaust on it. I put harnesses in it, a cage on it and skid plates under it. Other than that, it's stock. I've put 250 miles on it between Hot springs, Choccolocco and Morris Mountain. Haven't broken anything. If I do, it has a warranty. In fact, I haven't turned a wrench on it. I paid the dealership to do the break in service to keep the warranty intact. Other than that, gas and go.

Yes, there were a ton of rzrs (including mine) at RBD. It is advertised as the "biggest wheeling party of the year". You didn't really think that was the weekend to go trail ride and not have a crowd did you? Would anyone complain if there were as many showtime 2.0 buggies as there were rzrs? Nope. So other than the $$, what's the difference?

Yes, some rzrs haul ass down the trails. I absolutely do when there aren't crowds of pedestrians. Did you see the bouncers on primos or RBD? Yes, they were hauling ass too. I know those are obstacles, but the trails are obstacles too. Everyone paid the same price for admission. Wheel where you choose to. I'll do the same.

Yes, tons of rzrs seem to park in the middle of the forking trail...you can't fix stupid. Don't do this, regardless of what you drive.

Yes, the rainbow lighted whips and stuff are gay as aids. But, it doesn't hurt me. Don't go putting your mouth all over it and it probably won't hurt you either.

Yes, rzrs are keeping the fabricators in work. Look at all the different custom cages on the trail. I don't hear CSC fab complaining about rzrs because they are selling cages at $3000-5000 each like hot cakes.

Yes rzrs pay admission and keep the parks open. The more people riding, the better. I bet of Polaris had been behind Tellico staying open, we would have stood a better chance...

Yes, some rzr drivers could use a lesson in trail etiquette. So could tons of "other" drivers. I yield the right of way more than I don't. Most of this has to do with position on the trail. I was taught that the right of way is given, not taken. Maybe we should all try to practice that a little more often.

I thought of a few more last night when I read this, but forgot them. I'll admit, I am getting a little tired of the rzr "hating". It's just getting old. Do I have less right to ride on the trails because I am in a rzr instead of my jeep? If you feel that way, feel free to stop me and tell me. I'd be happy to educate you on why I disagree. I've ran parts to broken rigs, propane to rigs out of fuel, put up signs on trails at choccolocco, found lost folks, and showed people around that didn't know the parks, all in my rzr.

In closing, if you guys want something to bitch about, lets bitch about the drivers and Passengers of rzrs, buggies and trail rigs alike that insist on throwing their garbage out on the trail. It made me sick to see all the beer cans and trash at RBD that stretched from the parking lot to the furthest corners of the park. All the big obstacles were covered in that crap. What is wrong with THOSE people?

Don't go trying to add logic while we are bashing the loud exhaust, loud stereo, 50,000 lumin lighted, trash throwing, trail tampons.

No kidding about the park being trashed! Sunday morning I made a loop around over a V Notch, and GBU, beer cans everywhere! it was bad.

Re:

Gotta love the "party scene" Big reason I stick to trail riding with my group of 3-7 people. Too much disrespect in the off road community.

Re:

Probably comes from the same people that throw out cigarette butt all over the place. That **** annoys the crap out of me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JohnG said:
Don't go trying to add logic while we are bashing the loud exhaust, loud stereo, 50,000 lumin lighted, trash throwing, trail tampons.

Logic is going back in the box, Boss. Won't bring it out again.

Stupid rzrs! Abominations! Let's get the pitchforks and And burn them all! :woot: :woot:

I'm not hating on them they have just as much right to ride as everyone else and I knew going in that there would be a crowd. Would I go if knew there would be 500 showtime 2.0s? HELL NO!! I like riding and meeting new people and watching folkes as much as the next person. One of the best examples I can give was we went to RBD cause a buddy wanted to try it and had talked to a person that had been buy a few min before and dad there was a few people there. By the time we got there there was a big crowd witch is fine. When you go to these places you expect to have to wait in line for stuff. After got there we watched a rzr do hot laps around it again and again. On top of that you had the grand wizard of the rzr mafia blowing a whistle and yelling give mung other rigs a hard time trying to squeeze in. Could we have went somewhere else and ride and came back? Yes we could have but who's wants to ride all over a park to try and find a place that's not covered up with asshats.

Now like I said I'm not hating on them. I like them and have lots of freinds that have them. I just think there needs to be a happy medium and have respect for others and the park itself. But may just be beating a dead horse that won't die.

Re:

tonybolton said:
Gotta love the "party scene" Big reason I stick to trail riding with my group of 3-7 people. Too much disrespect in the off road community.

This +1 for me. No desire to be at big events. Went to GMP for the SFWDA event in Sept. Had a lot of fun, was a well run event, but have no desire to attend another big ride...just not my scene.

There was a group of the "loud exhaust, loud stereo, 50,000 lumin lighted, trash throwing, trail tampons" over by V-notch friday night trying to tell my brother how to climb it. One of them actually reached out and touched one of his tires while it was spinning to see how hot it was!!!! DUMBASSES!!

As much as the Brodozers of the offroad world can get annoying sometimes, major thanks to whoever the one was that stopped and immediately hopped out on Friday night and gave me a hand when my junk just died on GBU. There were about 25 others up there and everyone just kept playing their tractor rap and throwing beer cans in the woods. Not saying they had to help, but there is a good one in every crowd too that will lend a hand to a total stranger. The rest of the trust fund or how much a month crowd could take trail etiquette lessons from people like that.

Also, in all fairness, there were dumbasses in full size vehicles too. While I was working on my **** on GBU before getting a pull back to camp, a Cherokee flopped on the line next to me and two idiots were trying to push it back over from the downhill side. We had to stop and yell at them to get the F out from under that Cherokar.