• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SO what subtle differences in the world are you noticing ?

I am in the process of getting my house ready to sell. If I can sell it, should I go ahead and do so and then rent until I can buy?

Beyer said:
I am in the process of getting my house ready to sell. If I can sell it, should I go ahead and do so and then rent until I can buy?

you wont be able to sell it unless someone has MONEY to buy it.

Guy i know that went through a divorce awhile back is sitting on a little change for a down payment, found a house had everything lined up and the lender back out on him in AT CLOSING last week.

Forget about buying any house anytime soon, NO ONE is lending on a home mortgage right now unless you can literally afford to guy buy it on your own... least thats all I have heard from anyone lately.

Muchado, you just got in under the wire buddy, I bet if you were tryin to do that home this month you woulda got ****ed on the whole deal

That's pretty damn wild man - takes allot to just get to the closing. Can't really understand what would change from the time the mortgage company agreed to the loan to the time they backed out

P said:
you wont be able to sell it unless someone has MONEY to buy it.

Guy i know that went through a divorce awhile back is sitting on a little change for a down payment, found a house had everything lined up and the lender back out on him in AT CLOSING last week.

Forget about buying any house anytime soon, NO ONE is lending on a home mortgage right now unless you can literally afford to guy buy it on your own... least thats all I have heard from anyone lately.

Muchado, you just got in under the wire buddy, I bet if you were tryin to do that home this month you woulda got ****ed on the whole deal

Damn.

I'm gonna count my lucky stars and hope that my job will be able to ride-out this economic nightmare.

J.A.B said:
That's pretty damn wild man - takes allot to just get to the closing. Can't really understand what would change from the time the mortgage company agreed to the loan to the time they backed out
Yea definetly WOW. if they would have backed out on me I would be hurtin pretty bad------well I'd be fine $ wise but you don't even wanna know how pissed off I would have been :eek:

Yeah, I would hate to be trying to buy a house right now. Not sure what people will do that get transferred by their company, etc.. I guess it is a good time to own decent rental property.

bigsilly said:
Yeah, I would hate to be trying to buy a house right now. Not sure what people will do that get transferred by their company, etc.. I guess it is a good time to own decent rental property.
Yeah and I wanted to refi after 2 years to a 15 year. That might be on hold since I have 5.5% now. I can just pay more per month and it'd be the same as a 15 year.

J.A.B said:
Can't really understand what would change from the time the mortgage company agreed to the loan to the time they backed out
A ton. The mortgage companies are laying off the debt to somebody bigger. Well when that somebody bigger (WaMU, Wachovia, Lehman, JP Morgan Chase, Well Fargo, BofA) get shut down on credit to them. They aren't going to extend credit to anyone else. Its very daisy chain effect. Credit literally dried up overnight. It went from going to be expensive to get credit to its just not available.

I'm not trying to buy anything right now so that doesnt hurt me, but I'm also not flush with cash right now either so I'm a bit worried.

InDaShop said:
I'm not trying to buy anything right now so that doesnt hurt me, but I'm also not flush with cash right now either so I'm a bit worried.
Same here.

I refied my bike from one CU to my credit union and it took all of 5 minutes 2 weeks ago. WHEW! glad that's behind me. laughing1

Nobodys buyin fawkin cars, im on 32 hr work weeks til the end of the year, then who knows wut the fawk will happen if it hasnt picked up by then, my manager told me i prolly didnt have anything to worry about, but i cant help but worry. I gotta quit readin the damn news :dunno:

damn, I'm busy as ever. My boss just picked up more work than we've ever had. another 4 month job in Louisiana now over the winter. 5 more small jobs in KC and a couple in town.
It does suck that I want to build my house next year and won't be able to get a loan on it. :-\

blacksheep10 said:
damn, I'm busy as ever. My boss just picked up more work than we've ever had. another 4 month job in Louisiana now over the winter. 5 more small jobs in KC and a couple in town.
It does suck that I want to build my house next year and won't be able to get a loan on it. :-\
****, credit gets bad enough, I'll have to come work for Larry. We got our reigns yanked back this afternoon :-\ no reigns, no way to make money, no need for trader who cant make money......good thing I still run an operations desk, otherwise..... ???

Edit: Luck though, I doubt anyone buys us out now, no one can get credit to back a buy out! So we go from one ominus overshadowing black cloud to another

I THINK I am safe job wise.....working for the federal gov't has it perks and the wifey is a teacher...
I hope all you fawkers are safe your jobs. :drinkers:

I sweat my job every fuggin day, just the nature of Aviation in general really. I havent been at this company very long but I know of its past turmoil's and tribulations and I gotta say, I see daily management practices that show me just why they had those issues. Its painful in alot of ways to be privy to it but not able to say awhole lot or have your hands tied to simple changes that need to take place. I guess the plus side is, they fired the guy that took my place on his 89th day last week ( right before his 90day period ) so worst case scenario I could always walk back to the next hangar... molaugh

* god I hope to hell it doesnt come to that ! * :-X

tonyt said:
same here. last time I looked it was down 20% YTD.

Im pullin mine, if there's anything there to pull.... its been sitting idle for two years now due to the job changes I've gone through thanks to JetSouth selling the **** out. Im ****ed all the way around when it comes to 401K ... **** Id be surprised if there was enough for a set of WE beadlocks and Stickies in that sorry SOB. :'(

Yep, the telecom industry is in the ditch big time. I'm a manager of a group in the south east region that every month they make us a rank all our people and then they makes fight over the 1 or 2 they are going to cut this round. Everyone always points to me first, because I am the youngest area manager in the region and I only been with the company 10 years. I started with 7 now I am down to 4 and just got word I am losing another. Work hasn't gone away they are just cut happy right now since the remergence of Ma Bell 2.0. Its scary times for me as I am sure others. Sucks knowing that I am responsible for making a case that will affects someone elses lives so dramatically. Spent many sleepless nights as well as physically getting sick over some of these ridiculous layoff decisions I have to make or forced to make.

im not sure if most of you know but im self employed.. i can feel the squeeze and i am greatful that my motto of "increase profits by reducing overhead" is paying off... i bought my house 9 years ago, not the nicest, but well w/in my means, do i want nicer, yep, but i am DAMN thankful i have what i have now... i owe 2.5 years on my dually and probably 7-8 years on my house, thats all i owe, no credit cards, no equipment loans, nothing... i stock pile cash and people have told me "it doesnt make any money in a drawer" but im glad its there now... my short term plan is to be independant of opec, i am in the process of converting my kia, the $1200 gas saver, to run on propane and i have my biodiesel processer built, but im in the recovery of WVO stage... im not thinking Y2K ****, but i dont want to be in line thinking w/ hind site like everyone else thats procrastinated... i also am going to figure my actual cost of living... what do i have to make to make it??? if **** goes south, i want to be prepared for it... at least i will know what im up against....

You guys are killing me. When I see yall start worrying about it, I get a little worried. My 401k has taken a pretty big hit, I was putting 20% of my check in it each week for the last 3 years, but I have dropped it down to 10% in the last few months. Hopefully my job is secure until at least next July when Contract comes up. I am glad they moved the STS shop to our plant because it helps up in bargaining power. The plant has been shut down for the last 2 weeks, but we haven't missed a beat. Sucks this is happening right now when I am trying to build a buggy. Luckily I still live at home.

I haven't chimed in here in a while... and this economy sucks. I'm supposed to close on my new house next week... I've been "approved" and I've "locked in", but I'm not holding my breath that it'll go through... and I'm certain they won't tell me about is ahead of time either... I'll just show up and they'll tell my wife and I to pound sand... can't wait!

Wyatt, where are you guys buying land?

The market is tough and with another bank folding everyday it is not getting easier. The government will have to step in at some point, if not it will all flow downstream to us. Although the bill did not pass today another will emerge and eventually it will have to pass before the markets collapse.

If you are willing to take a risk right now is a great time to buy stocks. Times like this are when people like Warren Buffett make all their money. Buying stock in proven companies that are undervalued because of the market or their industry is down. There are tons of quality banks out there that are trading below $10/share just because their industry is in the dump...