• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Some assembly required (A Toyota cab truck rebirth)

Technician said:
The three studs on the left side of the head need to be drilled and tapped into the head. This is a pain in the ass because there is no flat surface on the head. If you could get the head tigged for more surface and milled it would make this task easier.

This is an efi engine that I rebuilt and put a carb intake on.

Got everything tagged that I'm gonna keep, now to start cutting and doing away with a bunch of unneeded splices in the harness.

:drinkers:

Injector harness is made up and most everything is plugged up in its respective locations.

EFI Distributor in

I'll start splicing the harness back together as soon as my computer is mounted in the cab.

Yeah they did, thanks mo! I read that thread on PBb where providence drew that out. That guys pretty sharp on these electrically.

Update got the harness all stitched up under the good and loomed.
34323e84978759e5ea852c24afdcb10e.jpg

Been working relents sly inside when time allowed.

973724b9240f907221c11352bdaab4c5.jpg
a27f83a5bd156fd189d60cfca3957250.jpg
f5a3e1a3aafadc540c52258c0f93e6b5.jpg

Well I tried to fire it off and haven't gotten ****, got fuel, the injectors at firing and have hella good spark. I started inspecting timing and found a broken guide and a flappy chain.
b1b640f29b0f71f9eb1b2781667c6191.jpg

Bought a brand new set and installed it and re adjusted valves. Since that is outta the question I ran my codes and ended up with code 1 normal operation and code 2 afm. I'm calling it a night but wondering what moe has for an opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too...on the 1.6 8v install...that was my first full on motor swap...and to throw the EFI harness in on top of it with all new dash too was daunting...but like ya'll said...GREAT when it fired up the first time!

I'm having an issue or two though. I will say first my cold start isn't wired (it was cut out of donor harness) I had no clue until I started final install but it's hard to start. Like spin quite a bit to start and it's every time you shut it down it seems until it's warm.

Re: Re: Re: Some assembly required (A Toyota cab truck rebirth)

84turbotoy said:
I'm having an issue or two though. I will say first my cold start isn't wired (it was cut out of donor harness) I had no clue until I started final install but it's hard to start. Like spin quite a bit to start and it's every time you shut it down it seems until it's warm.
You could wire it up on a switch like a manual choke.

ec4ac1b985c73142593e4eadc9cf3a35.jpg

Had a few issues on the shakedown run but drove her on the trailer! I couldn't be happier and wish I had done this some time ago.