• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

some work on little roo

rooinater

well, i pulled lil' roo out and gave her a jump start. i let her run for a good half hour to an hour... and the battery still did not take a charge... oops i forgot to disconnect the battery cable before it sat forever... I picked up some garden edging and self taping screws to make some fender flares, and my anti wing fender brackets... i've been meaning to secure the lower portion of the fender for several years now... they used to flop out like wings when i drove down the road, but not any more. i took her for a drive around the neighborhood still a really prominant whirring noise, almost like a bearing... but in the last 2 years i've replaced all the wheel bearings, swapped out the tcase once, replaced the rear driveline ujoints, and i believe the intermediate driveline ujoints. upon a little thought i remember john mentioning he only got the rear driveline balanced because he made the intermediate shaft "perfect". so i wonder if it wore a bearing in the rear of the tranny, or the driveline itself is making the whir, maybe a bearing somewhere in the clutch, or maybe something is rubbing... it appears to increase with speed and not directly with the rpm's. any ideas of what it could be? i know there is a very small chip in the rear ring gear but it sounds like it is coming from the tranny area. i swapped out rear diff to a slightly better condition rearend, but no change in sound. i have another 4.11 diff to swap in with perfect ring gear and pinion as soon as i can find a welder or get someone to weld it up.

anyways here's some pics.

IMG_6702.jpg

IMG_6703.jpg

IMG_6706.jpg

IMG_6708.jpg

IMG_6709.jpg

IMG_6712.jpg

IMG_6713.jpg

IMG_6714.jpg

IMG_6716.jpg

IMG_6719.jpg

things to do tomorrow, change right caliper and rotor, swap out the front brake pads , change a rear coilover shock, install some nonstressed stub shafts and cv shafts... all to try and get ready for a shake down run at evans this sunday...

sorry about the late response, didn't have internet access at my grandma's in eastern washington and was planning on getting home early enough on saturday to finish, but no luck on that.