• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sosbees off-road BEWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

T16murray

Starting back in April 2017 I was in need of some new aluminum rock rings for my jeep. I called up nick and asked him to order me a set . While I had him order the rings I was in the process of sourcing parts for a new buggy build. We talked about him building an engine for me (mild built 6.0). He asked for payment up front , which wasn't a problem since I was told the engine was just needing to be reassembled. I went ahead and sent a check for the engine and rock rings at the same time figuring I would pick both up to get her in a few weeks. Fast forward to end of July and the feeling of getting the runaround for the past couple months I received the engine. When I got the engine I was told the rock rings were in a storage trailer and he would be getting them to me shortly. After repeated texts back and for from me and a good friend of mine I still have not received the rock rings. The last text back I got from him was before Christmas and it was more of the same locked up in storage trailer b.s.
I hope no one else gets shafted the way I have. Even though it's only $400 worth of aluminum it's the principle of running a stand up business and taking care of your customers.

I don't know how he is still in business. He has screwed more ppl than I care to count.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I got a couple of questions before the **** storm...
Did you go pick up the engine or was it delivered to you?
Did you pay for shipping?
Can you not just go pick them up?

Eddyj said:
I got a couple of questions before the **** storm...
Did you go pick up the engine or was it delivered to you?
Did you pay for shipping?
Can you not just go pick them up?
we met up to get engine. I would go get them but with all the open ended b.s. replies I've been getting via text I doubt there is anything to pick up. I live about 70 miles from his shop so I can't just drop in either.

Couple of months...
I would have found time to drive 70 miles.

Now let's say you drive alllll that way and he doesn't have them, then maybe go on a public forum and attack the man but right now your coming off a little weak unless I'm missing something.
I don't have a dog in this fight and my opinion don't count. So good luck, hope everything works out.

Yea 70 miles ain't **** if someone owes me something. I drive that far everyday just to get to work.

I think everyone has a bad dealing at one time or another with everyone. Just from my personal dealings with him I haven't ever had a problem. He has done tuning on my buggy, put the new front axle under it for me when I needed, worked on a couple small chassis adjustments, among tremendous support on the trail and while racing. I am hoping maybe this is a pretty isolated events, due to I know he has been moving and stuff.

I do not know if the story is correct or not. With that said, a man should not have to drive 140 miles round trip, to get something he paid for and was supposed to have months ago, and find out he still does not have them, before he can bitch :wtflol:

dwa2469 said:
I do not know if the story is correct or not. With that said, a man should not have to drive 140 miles round trip, to get something he paid for and was supposed to have months ago, and find out he still does not have them, before he can bitch :wtflol:

Exactly.

dwa2469 said:

Yea I was wondering about that comment as well :wtflol:

I'm just chiming in because Todd and Nick are both friends of mine, and I actually recommended Nick to Todd after having a couple successful projects done through Nick. Todd doesn't need to drive up from Atlanta, my shop is 5 minutes from Nick and I can pop over there any time, if the rings were there they would be in my possession. I just got done talking to Nick though, he's on his death bed with the bubonic plague flu aids but says he has the rings and will get them to me as soon as he feels well. I'm stuck in the middle of the whole deal which sucks for me but I know Todd is just ready to put the deal behind him and I don't blame him.

T16murray said:
I would go get them...

This statement plus it was never stated that he paid for or had an agreement to have them delivered to him at time of purchase.
I've never had a shop owner deliver me a part I've always had to go pick them up.

I'm glad you guys are getting it worked out.
Like I said before I don't have a side in this, we don't have many builders in this community. I hate seeing this forum getting used as a place where they get openly bashed for what seems, on the outside looking in, as a minor inconvenience.

Your get no more static from me, carry on gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.