• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

South end trail system of choice

What sound end trail system do you like to wheel

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And given the recent thread... why did I get the funny feeling this is a bring back to the DNR, see? no one likes Tahuya lets close it in favor of Elbe poll?

grew up on ephendal pass rd and tahuya sucked 25 years ago and cant bring my self to go wheeling there. now dirtbike riding is a diffrent story. elbe for sure.

I'd love to take you for a tour again, in my Willys... LOL!

Well this summer sounds like a plan.

Wait a minute--only if your son is driving--otherwise I will follow you in your tank :fawkdancesmiley:.

Oh BTW I will have a list for you on monday to finish up the clutch stuff(slave/master) and hope to have the damn x-member roughed in finally by then(tough lil beeeep).

Being that this is a 4x4 web site I vote for Elbe, but I want Tahuya to stay open for riding dirt bikes.

I agree, Tahuya is a nice place to ride motorcycles just not that fun to wheel there. I still don't want it or any place to close though, even if I don't frequent them some people still enjoy these areas.

I'm curious as to what people like best about Elbe?

Me, I'm a big fan of the variety of trails and terrain. It has some tight areas, muddy areas, rock, easy to hard trails and the change in difficulty is dramaticd depending on whether conditions. It's a different trail system everytime you go out.

I also like the fact that it's not a garbage pit because of the hard work of the volunteers keeping in clean and in good repair.

Elbe can change in a weekend...:cool:

Isn't that the truth.

I remember when we were working on the hill climb on the Rainier Vista. I got a call from Joe telling me that the trail was unusable because it was too hard and someone was going to get hurt. My family, and a couple guys from my club went out that week to made some adjustments. Aventeone cam out and helped me test it and weld on some winch points. Friday night, John was denied. By Sunday, everything had dried out and with some minor changes that we were able to make (winching rocks around etc) everyone built for the trail was able to make it and every one that wasn't was able to use the bypass that was created. If It has still been wet, we would have spent a LONG day winching people.

And the Sunrise! WOW, that trail can have a hole turn into a wall in a couple of days and make it literally impassable for rigs that are supposed to be able to go on that trail.

The Busy??? Who knows which direction that's going to take each time you go out. That's part of which makes that trail system so great and also so difficult to manage.

And the Sunrise! WOW, that trail can have a hole turn into a wall in a couple of days and make it literally impassable for rigs that are supposed to be able to go on that trail.

:laughing:

I remember the entrance when that happened. Club run, I pulled up to it and did a WTF - there's a 6' vertical wall of mud here! I never was able to climb it (4.0, 38 SX, detroits), front tires got up easy enough, but the rears could never grab.

We decided to run sunrise the other direction and drop off it. Which was fun for the CJ5 in the group, I'de never seen him more white.

:laughing:

I remember the entrance when that happened. Club run, I pulled up to it and did a WTF - there's a 6' vertical wall of mud here! I never was able to climb it (4.0, 38 SX, detroits), front tires got up easy enough, but the rears could never grab.

We decided to run sunrise the other direction and drop off it. Which was fun for the CJ5 in the group, I'de never seen him more white.

Are you talking about the hole from about 5 years ago??? It was right about the time Nancy started if it's the same one I'm thinking of...