• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

South Loop

I was their but i dont wear Carharts...:redneck:
I know that. And since you WERE the only guy wearing fuzzy bunny slippers and a pink Hugh Hefner robe, I'd have thought you would have been easy to recognize. But alas, I still didn't see you....... :haha: Hijack off.

I was their but i dont wear Carharts...:redneck:

How about a black hoodie sweatshirt? :haha:.
That probably works as well as Carharts.

They do put a more challenge in a trail I could otherwise do a lot of in 2wd.

Last edited:
Thank you for the work you do to maintain the trails. I guess I'll be the nay sayer though, and say, those ****ing holes you dig are retarded. It is the main reason I don't go to Tahuya. I know this has been beaten to death before, and you are short on materials. But please, use the excavator to drag some logs out of the trees and sink them into the trail. Take some of the rock from the failed "rock gardens" and sink those into the trail. Add obstacles, and start building the trails, instead of making goddamn bomb craters.

You don't go there because it's flat (and it was)
You don't go there because it's rough (now it is)

You must be a woman. :flipoff: (No offense to the women out there.)

Its all about what the big dnr guys will let them do.
For some reason the head honchos only come to tahuya, i believe it is a model of what they want everyplace else to look?
they are not alowed to drag trees out for one reason or another.
If you dont like it then it wont hurt anyones feelings if you dont go there.

I did a good bit of water abatement out there that weekend, clearing back out old water bars, etc.

We could bring rock in, but it's a matter of funding to get it, then there is the work involved getting large rocks out there. Last time we moved the 2-4 man boulders around we used my 16' car trailer. If someone has plenty big boulders to donate to the cause or sell well below cost, a plan could be worked to put them out there.

I could drag a tree or a stump out here or there, but the pickings are SLIM and most of those materials are used to block user builts.

All the craters cost was about a day charge for a 4 ton excavator, it's fuel, trailer, and the gas in my truck to haul it out there and back to the rental yard. Those craters are the biggest, quickest bang for the buck we have out there.

Yellow Jacket hill for example, when we first put that in was 220(?) tons of rock placed on a relatively short hill over the course of 4-5 very long and cold days as far as work parties go.

^^Just wanted to say thanks for making/working in my backyard . It's a fun place to go and we greatly appreciate the work you do.^^:awesomework:

What about man made structures? I have access to old man hole sections and large diameter pipe sections that could be used as obsticals... It's not very often that we dig stuff like that up but if we can use them I can start stockpiling them up... Just a thought as I would like to do more for Tahuya enthusiasts!

What about man made structures? I have access to old man hole sections and large diameter pipe sections that could be used as obsticals... It's not very often that we dig stuff like that up but if we can use them I can start stockpiling them up... Just a thought as I would like to do more for Tahuya enthusiasts!

I know at Elbe, DNR doesn't allow any man made structures. Broken concrete w/o wire or rebar is allowed but no Eco blocks, CB's, or Concrete pipe.

me and a couple of buddys went out the last wekend it was a blast most fun ive had on that trail in awhilr
appreciate it guys nice work
it definitely tested eveyones truck

I can pass this on and ask. But how would we get them there?

On pipe sections, I forsee a possible liability issue that might not allow them to be out there.

I'm assuming you are talking the bigconcrete pipes?

The pipe sections are usually ductile iron. I know we have one man hole section that really isn't. It's only four feet in diameter and about five feet tall. I believe it was used as a vault for an air/vac. We usually have to pay to dispose of these items so donating them shouldn't be an issue. Of course, I'd have to run it by my boss so if these could be a resource I'll get the ball rolling....

I have asked Jesse about obstacles like this 4 years ago, he said no way. It doesn't hurt to ask again.

Well, if nothing else I'm gonna talk my boss into letting me stash them somewhere until I have enough property to use them myself!

Usually concrete, yes. This is an example of what I'm talking about...

2012-12-12122750.jpg

If it's concrete, I'll ask and see what we can do.

IF I can get them to say ok, would you have a means to get them there?

If it's concrete, I'll ask and see what we can do.

IF I can get them to say ok, would you have a means to get them there?

That may be a bit of a pinch. I'd work something out though. We also have some large chunks of concrete that we could use. As of right now there is only the one man hole section and a couple chunks. If we can get an "ok" then I'll start putting a stock pile of them together. It may take a while to get enough together to build something cool but we gotta start somewhere!