• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

South Loop

Hell yeah! South loop isn't a walk in the park anymore! I haven't had that much fun wheelin in Tahuya in a long, long time! Stuffed my front diff into one of the moleys and had to winch myself off! That last hole before the rock garden is intense!! Major props to those that braved last weekends nasty weather to breathe so new life into Tahuya!!

That last hole before the rock garden was deeper. After nearly rolling a CJ on 33's, 2-3 times, right before that one I had to take some of the edge off.

Then the track fell off the exy, two times, inside of 30' and I was out of grease to fix it a 3rd time so I had to limp my butt back out instead of tearing up the rest of that trail around the rock gardens.

I wish I was still 31"S and SUA leaf springs. It was fun in my rig back then. Now I'd be just like wagonslayer, just cruisin through.

Hard pan is thy enemy.

I know and appreciate what you guys do for Tahuya. I did the mistake of over building my rig.

I did the same. spent a year mulling over downsizing my rig. Eventually decided to go back down to 33's from the 38's that were on it.

Looks like someones outting in some good work out their :awesomework:.

Might be worth the drive to head that way again before to long!

Thank you for the work you do to maintain the trails. I guess I'll be the nay sayer though, and say, those ****ing holes you dig are retarded. It is the main reason I don't go to Tahuya. I know this has been beaten to death before, and you are short on materials. But please, use the excavator to drag some logs out of the trees and sink them into the trail. Take some of the rock from the failed "rock gardens" and sink those into the trail. Add obstacles, and start building the trails, instead of making goddamn bomb craters.

Me and a couple friends went out today. Heading counterclockwise around the South Loop, the very first set of holes just about rolled a Tacoma (just got crooked), then broke the RF CV shaft. It was winched and pulled from there.
65BD2F82-E21F-49A3-A8C4-EFF92A89CE8B-15196-00001A6D021C8C88.jpg

Me and my girlfriend's Rangers did fine though.

Went out there Saturday and had a great time. I am thankful for all the work the volunteers have done.:awesomework::beer:

Thank you for the work you do to maintain the trails. I guess I'll be the nay sayer though, and say, those ****ing holes you dig are retarded. It is the main reason I don't go to Tahuya. I know this has been beaten to death before, and you are short on materials. But please, use the excavator to drag some logs out of the trees and sink them into the trail. Take some of the rock from the failed "rock gardens" and sink those into the trail. Add obstacles, and start building the trails, instead of making goddamn bomb craters.

Its all about what the big dnr guys will let them do.
For some reason the head honchos only come to tahuya, i believe it is a model of what they want everyplace else to look?
they are not alowed to drag trees out for one reason or another.
If you dont like it then it wont hurt anyones feelings if you dont go there.

Ok guys don't turn this into a bitchin fest. I'll shut this thread down if it does.

Odd ive been to every Elbe Hills DNR meeting and work party in years!!! Never seen you once!!! :looser:

You cannot type that, when there was a few meeting that were elbow to elbow with folks. I went to several meetings during that hoopla, and don't remember seeing you there. Of course you were, along with about 300 other guys in Carharts.

You cannot type that, when there was a few meeting that were elbow to elbow with folks. I went to several meetings during that hoopla, and don't remember seeing you there. Of course you were, along with about 300 other guys in Carharts.

I was their but i dont wear Carharts...:redneck:

Latest posts