• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Southern Rock Racing Series event coverage - Photos and article!

not to be disrespectful but he won with a winch cable dont think the crowd came to see winching in an extreme series like this if you cant make the climb no points should be givin winches are for recovery not winnning ! if we wanted to winch we would get in top truck

COLEWORX said:
not to be disrespectful but he won with a winch cable dont think the crowd came to see winching in an extreme series like this if you cant make the climb no points should be givin winches are for recovery not winnning ! if we wanted to winch we would get in top truck

Wheres my like button? :flipoff1:

COLEWORX said:

Mr. Cole, thanks for your input. we didnt intend on having anyone winching, thats not what we wanted either. Its in the rules that winching is allowed, we set time limits for the runs and really didnt think anyone would have enough time to winch and still have time to finnish. 30 second time penalty for winching will be added to the times if someone winches. That was a new hill and we couldnt predict that happening. It was our first event for buggies, and we are making necessary changes so the future events will be better. I hope this one issue doesnt keep you from coming to other SRRS events. We put this together for the rock bouncing rigs that you and several other southern builders are turning out.
I put the rules up for this series months ago, and also asked for opinions and suggestions long befor this event. We took into consideration all concerns expressed to us and tried to put together the best series with all that in mind. We will continue to listen to racers, builders, and spectators to continue to improve this series. It takes having good sponsors and awsome parks to make this happen, and hopefully you will reconsider sponsoring the events.

COLEWORX said:

If anyone else had made it then i would agree with you 100% but in this case it was the smart move......should be outlawed in the future....make it, break it or roll baby

If you win a race within the specified rules you win! Just saying Points = winning the money!!! $10k is a lot of money for some of us... :popcorn:

al1tonyota said:
If you win a race within the specified rules you win! Just saying Points = winning the money!!! $10k is a lot of money for some of us... :popcorn:

x2 if winching is allowed in the rules, then i think it was a smart choice to win the $$$$$$$$ Was it the most exciting for the crowd, hell no. was it smart for his wallet, hell yes.

i understand what this racing series is about and i'm surprised they allow winching in the rules. seems to me srrs needs to make a rule change. make, break or wave the white flag!

We never felt like someone would win by winching, we cant change the rules midway through, but we have discussed this, winching may not be allowed for next year. It takes too long, if you havent made the climb by the time we blow the horn then you are done, stop back down, and make way for the next driver.

Thanks for all the feedback, we will continue to improve this series so everyone can enjoy it.

FroggF350 said:
We never felt like someone would win by winching, we cant change the rules midway through, but we have discussed this, winching will NOT be allowed for next year. It takes too long, if you haven't made the climb by the time we blow the horn then you are done, stop back down, and make way for the next driver.

Thanks for all the feedback, we will continue to improve this series so everyone can enjoy it.

That is great news for Hardcore southern bouncing. The winching rule was my biggest disappointment. My 2C. From a spectator and hopefully future competitor, I would like to see the layout be two difficult hills and a third bounty. To me this series should be the Top Fuel Drag of the offroad world. Guy that can take the most wicked hills wins. :eat:

FroggF350 said:
We never felt like someone would win by winching, we cant change the rules midway through, but we have discussed this, winching may not be allowed for next year. It takes too long, if you havent made the climb by the time we blow the horn then you are done, stop back down, and make way for the next driver.

Jeremy, you guys are doing a Fantastic Job!!! and ya'll are definately LISTENING to the driver/spectator Feedback

WHAT MORE CAN WE ASK FOR? Rock on Boys!!!!! :dblthumb:

The-Boss said:
That is great news for Hardcore southern bouncing. The winching rule was my biggest disappointment. My 2C. From a spectator and hopefully future competitor, I would like to see the layout be two difficult hills and a third bounty. To me this series should be the Top Fuel Drag of the offroad world. Guy that can take the most wicked hills wins. :eat:

We're discussing a few things for next year already ;D ... as well as for the current "season"!

Aside from some small tweaks to be made to the series (that we have learned from putting on the first events for both the SXS and buggies/rock bouncers), we won't be making any major changes the layout/rules of the races this year.

Like Jeremy mentioned - We never felt like someone would win by winching, and while we cant change the rules midway through, the three of us have discussed this.

TURNEROFFROAD said:
Jeremy, you guys are doing a Fantastic Job!!! and ya'll are definately LISTENING to the driver/spectator Feedback

WHAT MORE CAN WE ASK FOR? Rock on Boys!!!!! :dblthumb:

Thanks Ty!

We are indeed trying hard to make this a premier series for the drivers as well as the spectators!

It might take a few times to get it 100% dialed in, but we're actively working on it!

FroggF350 said:
We never felt like someone would win by winching, we cant change the rules midway through, but we have discussed this, winching will NOT be allowed for next year. It takes too long, if you havent made the climb by the time we blow the horn then you are done, stop back down, and make way for the next driver.

most any race series rules are always "subject to change" and the winch rules seems like a rule that should be changed in the spirit if this style racing. if you don't want to piss of drivers, poll the racers from the last race and the ones who have signed up for your next and let the majority make the decision for the remaining races. :dunno:

WAIT,,,,WHAT,,,, winching was allowed in a suppossed "hardcore rockbounce fastest to the top hill climb event" ???

and someone WON said event by WINCHING...................WOW

Hmmm,,,,and I seem to remember reading the statement early on about this race series, well, it went somthing like this...

........this is fast paced rock bouncer hill climb racing, this ain,t no "slow boring rock crawl comp" ::)

wizzo said:
most any race series rules are always "subject to change" and the winch rules seems like a rule that should be changed in the spirit if this style racing. if you don't want to piss of drivers, poll the racers from the last race and the ones who have signed up for your next and let the majority make the decision for the remaining races. :dunno:

That sounds like a good idea!

:wtflol: he didn't win because he winched up one hill he won because of the points that he got! Peter was second on both the other two hills!!! I as a driver had the same opertunity that everyone else did to pull cable and make it to the top thus getting points to win money which is why most of the other drivers are racing also!!! In the case of this hill nobody made it without winching nobody knew that was going to happen its part of riding on these type of trails! Saying an offroad vehicle that is self sufficient and uses a winch to complete the hill is just as dumb as saying you can't use rear steer IMO !!! My winch is slow as $hit so it wouldn't help me very much anyways but if I have say a broke axle shaft I still want to get points for a hill so I'm gonna hit it hard as I can and if I get to a spot I can't get up winch and I don't run out of time then I am that much closer to winning! Everybody has there opinions but only a sore loser or a web wheeler would have something negative to say about somebody trying to win $10g's

i agree with ^^^^ seems kinda childish to change the rules in the middle of the game due to someone using their winch because they didnt win..... and taking a pole with the drivers will be pretty obvious how that will turn out due to no one using the winch except for the 1 guy. This is a competition not a show....10k is on the line and i give the guy props for having the :tc to pull the cable. There needs to be specified rules due to the vast difference in the buggys. most forms of racing the vehicles in the competition are somewhat equal but i agree that if he cant winch then people shouldnt be allowed to use rear steer unless everyone has that available to use.

I'm not 100% against winching to be honest. Personally, I didn't allow winching in the RBD Primos hill climb because there is no need, it's first or last Ricky Bobby style racing on one hill. Winching wouldn't have possibly helped anyone. However, SRRS is much more complex race and strategy comes into play. Just like Lori Shirley, she chose to simply cross the starting line and back down from the last climb. This got her the same amount of points as breaking or rolling attempting the climb did.

My suggestion would be rather than banning winching, make it a heavy point penalty. Subtract points or add a time of maybe 30 seconds or a minute to the run.

I doubt it would hurt anyone's feelings to have the rules changed now, there's three more events this season.