• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Spare parts rock bouncer/crawler?

junkyardbouncer

I have been lurking around this place for a year or 2 now never bothered to make an account, really just liked the builds and the cool info but since i am wanting to start my own in a few months I am wanting some opinions. Basically i have quite a few decent things sitting around that i think would be good for a decent crawler/mild rock bouncer. I have a 460 ford with a mild cam, aluminum intake, and some sort of heads that bump up the compression ratio a little (i dont remember they were on it when i got it) along with a somewhat fresh rebuild. Next i happen to have some dana 60 hp axles sitting around that the front has a 35 spline with a posi and the rear has a 30 spline ( will be a 35 spline if i do this with some sort of locker). I also have a 4 spd ford tranny with the granny low and over all was thinking of running 5.13s in the diffs. I was planning on running 43 stickies with a mild driving style not much wheel speed and throttle, more crawling over stuff than anything. Only major things i dont have for the driveline is the t-case and the drive shafts obviously. So what would be a decent t-case for this. Whats the thoughts on this setup and the mainly what kinda of t-case would be acceptable to use? As for everything else it would pretty much just be a standard tube frame with a roll cage and semi large fuel cell.

Re:

Np205 or buy an atlas if you wanna spend a couple grand

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

14 bolt chevy rear ends are cheaper to buy than an axle upgrade for your D60. NP205 case and rock out.

Thanks guys i will start looking for a chevy 14 bolt and a np205 case. So i take it the d60 hp front with a mild 460 and 4spd isnt a bad rest of the setup then?

junkyardbouncer said:
Thanks guys i will start looking for a chevy 14 bolt and a np205 case. So i take it the d60 hp front with a mild 460 and 4spd isnt a bad rest of the setup then?
Yes sir, that would be correct. Sounds like its time to start bending some tubing.

junkyardbouncer said:

460s are badass. My BBF F250 is FAST... til 4th gear, wound out at 75mph.

Real rigs have 3 pedals.

Rockwells make your sack swell, ditch the tons.

Welcome aboard! :dblthumb:

Hell yeah.. 460 4spd 5.13's.. my buggy woulda been 429/460 powered but got a good deal on a 5.3 early on in the build.. how do you plan to feed the 460? Carb? Ford efi? F.A.S.T.?... something to consider.. my bouncer started out as a junkyard build, but escalated quickly.. the more you hang out here and talk to the inter webs, the more it will cost you.. :shitt
I'm not sayin it's a bad thing, but once you start building a "bouncer" , you may have well fallen in love with a gorgeous useless crackhead... she Will take over your mind and wallet till she's done.. but yeah.. hitit

DAkk said:
Hell yeah.. 460 4spd 5.13's.. my buggy woulda been 429/460 powered but got a good deal on a 5.3 early on in the build.. how do you plan to feed the 460? Carb? Ford efi? F.A.S.T.?... something to consider.. my bouncer started out as a junkyard build, but escalated quickly.. the more you hang out here and talk to the inter webs, the more it will cost you.. :shitt
I'm not sayin it's a bad thing, but once you start building a "bouncer" , you may have well fallen in love with a gorgeous useless crackhead... she Will take over your mind and wallet till she's done.. but yeah.. hitit

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: VERY WELL SAID!

DAkk said:

I also have a 750cfm 4 barrel holly carb sitting around, as far as the money pit goes im well aware of that i have been messing with custom old hondas for a few years now and know how fast $$$ can go bye bye

Another option on the rear diff is a Ford Sterling 10.25 or 10.5.. really strong and pretty common at most junk yards, and cheap..

Latest posts