• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Spin-off, AOP Banger Tread

jeeptj99 said:
I'm not stock. I'm just not big lol. I follow buggys riding I just have to work harder than they do. I would love to have a ton of money to throw at a actual race rig on 40" stickies but I cant afford that ****. I'm working on making the jeep bigger with stretching it and cutting it I just cant afford it all in one shot. I would love to take it to WOD or EOR and hand them a blank check and tell them to have at it but in actuality I cant so I do with what I got and do well with it.

There's nothing wrong with that. I see the attraction of a more stock rig, sometimes wish I had one. I just don't think they belong in a series hoping to attract spectators is all. I knew you would think my comment was directed at you but it wasn't. The "I'm not going to win but I'll have fun trying, " is a common mentality, and I'm not saying it is necessarily wrong either. Its fun for the driver. But not all that fun for a spectator sometimes.

patooyee said:
There's nothing wrong with that. I see the attraction of a more stock rig, sometimes wish I had one. I just don't think they belong in a series hoping to attract spectators is all. I knew you would think my comment was directed at you but it wasn't. The "I'm not going to win but I'll have fun trying, " is a common mentality, and I'm not saying it is necessarily wrong either. Its fun for the driver. But not all that fun for a spectator sometimes.

I honestly haven't thought about specators but I may be the wrong person. I personally enjoyed the WE Rock events on Dayton mtn more than the hill killin shows that have been happening the last couple years. I just want to race and have fun and a) not die trying to keep up with a 100k rig b) not have to spend 100k lol.

Re: Re: Re: Spin-off, AOP Banger Tread

jeeptj99 said:
I honestly haven't thought about specators but I may be the wrong person. I personally enjoyed the WE Rock events on Dayton mtn more than the hill killin shows that have been happening the last couple years. I just want to race and have fun and a) not die trying to keep up with a 100k rig b) not have to spend 100k lol.
This^^^^^

jeeptj99 said:
I honestly haven't thought about specators

Really? You never thought that spectators might be a large portion of potential income generated for a race series or park? So you want people to just voluntarily organize races for you, rig them so that no rigs more capable than yours can enter, but make sure to have plenty of money for the winner? That just seems unrealistic.

Re:

I'm down for a friendly competition of the 4cyl and 6 cyl guys. Every driver throw in 20 or something. But as far as starting/being in a SRRS class. That's not me. Our trail jeep is pretty built. Sits on 44 but it's not built to handle a hard core beat down. And Idk if I got the balls to hit some of them hills SRRS hit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

patooyee said:
Really? You never thought that spectators might be a large portion of potential income generated for a race series or park? So you want people to just voluntarily organize races for you, rig them so that no rigs more capable than yours can enter, but make sure to have plenty of money for the winner? That just seems unrealistic.

That's why I'm not a promoter lol. I'm not looking to get rich or make a career out of racing my jeep just something to do a few times a year and maybe get some bragging rights and enough money to buy some beer. As far as rigs more capable than mine there are plenty of them out there. I'm sure I have one of the less expensive rigs on this board but I don't care I ride to have fun and have thought about competitions I just don't like straight up hills that's where the bouncers can have that.

Batmobile Will said:
The key I believe to a friendly competition is just that , don't put a lot of money on it and keep it about good times you could say 20 dollar entry fee and all proceeds go to beer and at end of day have a keg party with the winner a trophy !!!!! Now that's a good event

For once I think Will is on point. Maybe we don't have a large cash payout but we could chip in and get a trophy or hell make one out of broken parts after the race is over we go ride if we aren't broken.

Re:

juicetenn said:
I'm down for a friendly competition of the 4cyl and 6 cyl guys. Every driver throw in 20 or something. But as far as starting/being in a SRRS class. That's not me. Our trail jeep is pretty built. Sits on 44 but it's not built to handle a hard core beat down. And Idk if I got the balls to hit some of them hills SRRS hit.

didn't see this on my last post but this is how I am.

jeeptj99 said:
That's why I'm not a promoter lol. I'm not looking to get rich or make a career out of racing my jeep just something to do a few times a year and maybe get some bragging rights and enough money to buy some beer. As far as rigs more capable than mine there are plenty of them out there. I'm sure I have one of the less expensive rigs on this board but I don't care I ride to have fun and have thought about competitions I just don't like straight up hills that's where the bouncers can have that.

For once I think Will is on point. Maybe we don't have a large cash payout but we could chip in and get a trophy or hell make one out of broken parts after the race is over we go ride if we aren't broken.

OK, this entire time I was assuming this thread was a "spinoff " of this thread: http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=42060.msg518346#new

I assumed that because the genesis of this thread coincided with that one. That thread is about a series of races which presumably at least part of the point would be to attract spectators.

If I was wrong and this thread is a spinoff of the AOP race that took place recently, which was a smaller, one-time race as I understood it, not necessarily meant to be a spectator-magnet, please forgive me as all of my comments so far have been based on assuming that Mo was suggesting an additional series based on 6-cylinder rigs.

What Will is describing is not a series. It is a bunch of dudes getting together to have a good time, screw the rest.

What I thought Mo was describing was a series intended to attract spectators and competitive rigs.

Oh, and Batmobile, I am the guy that walked up to you and introduced myself at the end of the AOP comp.

patooyee said:
OK, this entire time I was assuming this thread was a "spinoff " of this thread: http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=42060.msg518346#new

I assumed that because the genesis of this thread coincided with that one. That thread is about a series of races which presumably at least part of the point would be to attract spectators.

If I was wrong and this thread is a spinoff of the AOP race that took place recently, which was a smaller, one-time race as I understood it, not necessarily meant to be a spectator-magnet, please forgive me as all of my comments so far have been based on assuming that Mo was suggesting an additional series based on 6-cylinder rigs.

What Will is describing is not a series. It is a bunch of dudes getting together to have a good time, screw the rest.

What I thought Mo was describing was a series intended to attract spectators and competitive rigs.

Oh, and Batmobile, I am the guy that walked up to you and introduced myself at the end of the AOP comp.

I think that part of it might have been while doing to 4 banger stuff do the 6 banger stuff?? I don't care if it's official or not and I didn't mean to come across assholeish patooyee

jeeptj99 said:
I think that part of it might have been while doing to 4 banger stuff do the 6 banger stuff?? I don't care if it's official or not and I didn't mean to come across assholeish patooyee

I didn't think you were an asshole at all. Hope I'm not coming off that way either.

I would love an SRRS-like 4/6 banger series. I would travel to see it. If that's not what this thread was about I apologize for digressing.

Re:

JJ this in fact is hand in hand with the other thread. This last race was not a ones time deal. It in fact sparked the 4cyl series. Since there was a few g guys asking if 6cyl guys could join I started this thread to gauge interest. But in true HL form it got derailed.
We're not talking or even comparing to ssrs, arc, or any other hill killing event. If it were up to me, which it isn't, I'd choose a good ole fashion crawloff. The beginings of KOTH was friends trying to out do each other and look what it ended up turning in to at the end.
I don't have a fast rig by any means, but ole Whitey can crawl with the best of them.

If there were enough interest in 6 cyl guys running like the 4 cyl guys I'm sure it could happen. In not tom, AOP, or anybody that matters, but I'll put my rig against whoever.
I'm all about wheeling and thank Tom for giving the little guys a chance to compete. Not in it for game and riches.

I just can't wait till Nov to run my rig.

maybe they run one class 4 and 6 cylinder and call it weepow, or run a trail rig and buggy class who knows. I know Tom talked about it around the campfire one night but that was about 2 years ago or so.

Re:

I suggest division of classes to be determined on race day for the first few races. If you have enough competitors show up you can divide them however you see fit. If there are only 6 Rigs let them all run together.

No one wants to race themselves

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

rednecklights said:
I brought up the idea of a 4/6 weeepoooowww series after the Halloween ride and it was quickly shot down. I'm pretty sure it was said there isn't enough room for another series ....

Yeah, but that is because you said it..

Who the fu*k is gonna listen to a proud Ford Fiesta driver about off roading? :fish:

rednecklights said:
I brought up the idea of a 4/6 weeepoooowww series after the Halloween ride and it was quickly shot down. I'm pretty sure it was said there isn't enough room for another series ....

dude its aop, they have a race for everything :rolf:

no **** Tom is doing a killer job at the park. One of my favorite places to ride.

jeeptj99 said:
dude its aop, they have a race for everything :rolf:

no **** Tom is doing a killer job at the park. One of my favorite places to ride.

My group has a trip there planned for Sept. 11-13

I just love to ride period... Racing doesn't get me all excited but I will for a good cause. Now I am definitely game for a good game of follow the leader mountain goat style for sure!

Re:

I say we plan something. Have a friendly competition. Pick a trail that's a good all around trail. We throw 20 in a pot. Winner gets that's, 12 pack and bragging rights.

Latest posts