• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Spinoff: How long do you wait?

The Luke

Spinoff from Travis locker warranty thread.

How long do you wait before losing your patience with a company?

Say, you ordered a $500 kit over a month ago. They sent you 75% of it within two weeks. The remaining 25%(probably the least ideal missing parts) was supposed to be at your door before Christmas and is still not here. When you email them about it, they tell you they have no idea how long it will be and don't know what's going on with their manufacturer will be sending any too them. They did mention on 12/7 that they had about 10% of it and will ship those separately. They haven't shown up yet either.

What would your next step be?

I'd be raising absolute hell in your case. i'd tell them if they don't give me a solid answer to send you a shipping label to ship the rest of their **** back. Then i'd do the 3 link kit like someone said from day one.....

If it were during a NON holiday season thing....I'd be on their ass like JD at an all Male Review.

During the Holiday season, **** seems to hit the fan and when it does it goes everywhere. I've been fortunate enough to not be in that situation thankfully.

What did you order? Like a twin turbo Nelson racing long block?

Hell I wish. Ain€™t got money like you.

A radius arm kit. I was trying to leave the brand name out of it cause it is a big name supplier that most of us have used. They are normally good about stuff and I think You are right, Im chalking it up to holiday craziness. But still, how long til you would lose your crap? When it comes down to it, it's the first time I ever spent that kind of money on new hobby parts that I can't sell for more than I bought them for. So I guess I expected to get this nice shiny ready to go box of goodies.

The Luke said:
A radius arm kit. I was trying to leave the brand name out of it cause it is a big name supplier that most of us have used. They are normally good about stuff and I think You are right, Im chalking it up to holiday craziness. But still, how long til you would lose your crap? When it comes down to it, it's the first time I ever spent that kind of money on new hobby parts that I can't sell for more than I bought them for. So I guess I expected to get this nice shiny ready to go box of goodies.

I used the Rough Country one on my XJ's and didn't have any drama with them. I was going to ask you if it was a name brand or "OMFG BUY FROM THIS SELLER ON EBAY" guy.

Hope it all works out for you. True character of a business is not what they do everyday but how they make a bad situation better.

I'd say they had a **** ton of orders with all the holiday sales and are having trouble fulfilling orders and unfortunately ur a new Customer so ya probably got shoved to bottom of pile, I'd call em and just ask for a straight up answer and don't bullshit me, I'm guessing it's ruff stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got an email from them about how it's going to be about 2 more weeks before they can get anything to me. "Manufacturing issues that are now being outsourced"

Maybe call and have a serious conversation about cancelling the order and returning the stuff you do have? Sometimes that can motivate the seller to "suddenly find" some or all of the missing components.

Assuming you paid by credit card, you might also research the conditions under which you can dispute / fight the charge based on the time and unfulfilled order.

Does anyone else offer what you ordered? If so, do they have it readily available?

Holidays are always bad for shipping. Plus this year many truck routes have been hammered with snow. On top of that the electronic log has got freight moving slower as well.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm also guessing ur gonna go with the super 60 radius set up and ya ordered a radius arm set up, now my guess is that's a hot set up now with that axle being so cheap and stout so that radius arm kit prob a hot item, patience young grasshopper

Sadly no. Nobody else offers it right now. They just sent me another email after I pushed and offered to send the radius arm brackets. But I'm still short one axle side brackets and a few gussets. I'm still pushing tho. I told them I don't want to get it all welded on and have to wait another two months for one dang bracket

nvrenuf said:
Maybe call and have a serious conversation about cancelling the order and returning the stuff you do have? Sometimes that can motivate the seller to "suddenly find" some or all of the missing components.

Assuming you paid by credit card, you might also research the conditions under which you can dispute / fight the charge based on the time and unfulfilled order.

Does anyone else offer what you ordered? If so, do they have it readily available?

This, OR tell them to swap it all for a 3 link kit so you don't get wheel hop :woody:

A friend of mine ordered their DIY 4link kit back before thanksgiving. Well he finally received it 2 weeks ago and when he opened it there were link tabs missing. Inside the package they had included a note saying they're having some issues with their supplier and are in the process of getting a new manufacturer (I thought they fabricated there own products :dunno:) and that the remainder of the parts would be shipped as soon as possible and sorry for the inconvenience. He called them to find out a time frame and they gave him the same spill on the phone, that they're not sure when it will be. Personally, I like the company and their products they have some awesome stuff, but perhaps they should forewarn customers via phone or email about any issues or hold ups with there orders before they ship instead of just putting a note inside the package.

HageredYota85 said:
A friend of mine ordered their DIY 4link kit back before thanksgiving. Well he finally received it 2 weeks ago and when he opened it there were link tabs missing. Inside the package they had included a note saying they're having some issues with their supplier and are in the process of getting a new manufacturer (I thought they fabricated there own products :dunno:) and that the remainder of the parts would be shipped as soon as possible and sorry for the inconvenience. He called them to find out a time frame and they gave him the same spill on the phone, that they're not sure when it will be. Personally, I like the company and their products they have some awesome stuff, but perhaps they should forewarn customers via phone or email about any issues or hold ups with there orders before they ship instead of just putting a note inside the package.
Mine was exactly the same situation.

This all sounds very Ballistic of them. That's too bad as it'll make me think twice about ordering from them now.

Re: Re: Spinoff: How long do you wait?

bgredjeep said:
This all sounds very Ballistic of them. That's too bad as it'll make me think twice about ordering from them now.
I remember all the shitstorm with them over on pirate long ago.

That's why I always call before ordering and ask if it's in stock.

They (the company that we can't name but everyone knows) always treated me right and even got urgent stuff sent out in less than 30mn. I had literally the guy got of his chair and pack the parts while I was on the phone.

Always been very happy with them.

I order from Barnes, never had a problem, don't like ruff stuffs 20% off sale and rape ya on shipping, now that someone else has same issue id be way more concerned, if he ordered his at thanksgiving and hasn't gotten it then I'd be returning it or file a claim with credit card company

Latest posts