• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Spinoff: How long do you wait?

Zjman said:
I order from Barnes, never had a problem, don't like ruff stuffs 20% off sale and rape ya on shipping, now that someone else has same issue id be way more concerned, if he ordered his at thanksgiving and hasn't gotten it then I'd be returning it or file a claim with credit card company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered some stuff from Barnes during the thanksgiving sale and some stuff was back ordered. They sent an email out saying when it would be back in stock, when I didn't get a shipping email two day later I called and they sent me the higher level part than what I had ordered and sent me a shirt.

Also Barnes is only 30 min from the house and we have wheeled together. I've called him on Friday afternoon at closing and he sent parts with one of the guys that lives near me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Luke said:
Spinoff from Travis locker warranty thread.

How long do you wait before losing your patience with a company?

Say, you ordered a $500 kit over a month ago. They sent you 75% of it within two weeks. The remaining 25%(probably the least ideal missing parts) was supposed to be at your door before Christmas and is still not here. When you email them about it, they tell you they have no idea how long it will be and don't know what's going on with their manufacturer will be sending any too them. They did mention on 12/7 that they had about 10% of it and will ship those separately. They haven't shown up yet either.

What would your next step be?

Some people just can't be made happy... :flipoff1:

Re: Re: Spinoff: How long do you wait?

The Luke said:
Sadly no. Nobody else offers it right now. They just sent me another email after I pushed and offered to send the radius arm brackets. But I€™m still short one axle side brackets and a few gussets. I€™m still pushing tho. I told them I don€™t want to get it all welded on and have to wait another two months for one dang bracket
I'd call Barnes or Mudpro and see if they would be willing too make the same brackets

kmcminn said:
You know I have ordered stuff from wveryone over the years

There is a reason no one uses that company. Being cheap doesn't always pay off. Order stuff from Barnes or if you can handle a week shipping time ruff stuff.

He didn't order from ballistic.

The issue I€™m running into is that no one is running sales like I got this deal for. So if I got my money back, I€™d be out a couple hundred more to replace with the same parts.

A comparable kit at Barnes would cost me almost $250 more plus shipping. Or $50 more plus shipping without any DOM.

Re: Re: Spinoff: How long do you wait?

dwa2469 said:
Whats the old saying, cheap, fast, or good, you can only have 2 :dunno:
Lol....ive said this during meetings at work concerning budget and future plans. Talk about deer in headlights look from them. It always makes sense though!

Then I'm glad these were cheap. Cause they sure as hell ain't fast and they better be good.

I'm missing an axle side mount, both radius arm mounts and a couple gussets.
8cd0a6c3e1ea7b0855ef8a602ca6b88e.jpg
34d3e4446fd5dbc538bf5b1a6b22a498.jpg

I bought the axle side stuff from ballistic and got it in a week.
Its still sitting in the plastic on the work table.

As of right now they threw in a frame side trac bar bracket for my troubles. So at least they're doing something. But still saying 2-3 weeks at least

I don't think you really need the upper arm on the pass side, unless you are going to street it. It will cause the suspension to bind some.

You could lengthen an upper arm easily and build a 3 link.