• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

spool strength

brownjeep

looking at 9"/44 combo full the jeep. (just broke the 30 again). found some with 5.13 and spools. how durable are the spools verses lockers? thanks for the input. went to dixie run (first time in rocks) and loved it

don't waste money on a 44/9", save up a little more money and get a 60/14 bolt.

To answer your original question, spools are infinitely more reliable than any other option because they are just one single machined chunk of steel and have no moving parts. Nearly everything else in the axle will break before you take out a spool. Of course, there is always going to be the jackass after me who knows someone whose cousin's brother's step mother's uncle broke a spool. But lets just say that its so rare that it is virtually not even worth considering. Statistically it would be like getting struck by lightening 4 times in the same spot on the same day while also winning the lottery in 7 different states that same day.

But I agree with jrowe ... I wouldn't waste your money on a 9" or a D44.

J. J.

What tires are you running? I loved my 44/9 with 37s and a stock jeep motor ... got around alot better than my buddies 60/14 on 36s... and were very reliable cause the stock motor ...

Patoyee hit it dead on, mini spools suck but full spools are strong as hell,I've only seen 1 break and that was in a 3200 Lb car running 5:90s for 10 plus years

love my 9/44 under my sammi. i run 513 and full spool and 38s. never any problems jus get you some chromollys for the 44

well thanks for the input. i would like the 60/14 combo but i would need new rims and tires.. im running the 258 ci in the jeep and dont plan to upgrade. ive got 38 tsl's and that is enough..... i will keep taking any info for the swap also! thanks

Latest posts