• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

coolant strength during hot summer????

mudslayer

What's a good glycol mix%, 50/50, 75/25????? Rig has always run warm during summer months on the trail, I was reading about only using water, because of no freeze situation, or a slight mix for corrosion purposes. I just installed a bigger electric fan (taurus ) so will see if that helps, but was just curious if any one changes their coolant mix during the heat?

I run the same coolant year round.

And running hot, tends to be insufficient size radiator, or, insufficient air flow thru existing radiator.

Newer griffin aluminum radiator, but had just a small flex-a-lite electric fan, I just installed a ford taurus fan last night. Heading up to evans creek after work today for 3days. Hoping the bigger fan makes the difference. It sure moves a **** ton more air than my old fan.

Newer griffin aluminum radiator, but had just a small flex-a-lite electric fan, I just installed a ford taurus fan last night. Heading up to evans creek after work today for 3days. Hoping the bigger fan makes the difference. It sure moves a **** ton more air than my old fan.

Make sure the wiring is up to snuff and you have an AWESOME alternator.

Might wanna wear earplug to.

Make sure the wiring is up to snuff and you have an AWESOME alternator.

Might wanna wear earplug to.

Yeah, I know. Just got back from 3 days at evans, had a blast. Ran great with alot less overheating issues, got it up to 220 a couple times, but I was romping the piss out of it in a mud hole with the fan off and the other was on the long hill up 519, and it was about 90°+ so it did pretty good. Did break another rear hub this morning so we called it a day. But now the radiator is packed solid with mud and ****, so it's all coming out to go thru it all. And yes, holy **** that fan is loud, but so is my gear drive so don't really hear it unless parked.