• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sport climbers

So since I'm such a hippy-fag now, I decided it was time to go all out......

Picture3359.jpg

.....with a 2000 Subaru Outback. Cruising to hippy-land in style now.:clappy:

btt:flipoff:

I lead my first (bolted) 5.10 last weekend.:cool: I fumbled, I fought and I have much room to improve......but I did it. And I was scared!!! Let me tell you; cursing and yelling was frequent.:D

Darby is up to leading 5.11's now.:cool: I can climb certain 5.11a climbs on top rope.

btt:flipoff:

I lead my first (bolted) 5.10 last weekend.:cool: I fumbled, I fought and I have much room to improve......but I did it. And I was scared!!! Let me tell you; cursing and yelling was frequent.:D

Darby is up to leading 5.11's now.:cool: I can climb certain 5.11a climbs on top rope.

:beer::cheer:

Mark has been doing awesome! He's able to climb all day for extended periods of time (most everyone else is only good for 2 hrs) and there hasn't been a multi pitch yet that he wasn't able to follow. The 5.10 he led was verticle and VERY arm pumpy. There's a ton of less verticle delicate 5.10s out there that he would, and has, excelled at.

We've been climbing together for more than a year now and it's definetley altered my life, my mindset and my body. 4xing and motorcycles are rad but climbing has been so much more personaly rewarding. Sometimes I'm so ****ing scared that I'm not even having fun anymore, which in the end is the most fun of all, doing something that you didn't think you could. We've had plenty of ups and downs but bay far and away most of our adventures have been home runs. We put our life in eachothers hands on a weekly basis and thats made for a very unique friendship. Nothing like suffering through a snowstorm in the middle of the night while you slog up a mountain knowing your comitted for a cold night out, it sure brings out the laughter. Suffering and laughter go hand in hand on our adventures.

Just last weekend I dislodged a baseball size rock while climbing above him and could see that it was aiming right for his head. I had time to scream "rock" several times and shout "move Mark!" He held his ground, and my belay, and casually moved his head at the last moment and took the rock to his shoulder. He shrugged it off with a laugh!

We leave Sunday night for our next mission! We have no idea what it will be yet but it will certainly involve our "slip and die" montra.