• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sport climbers

Darby1

Hey guys. I'm looking for a climbing partner. I know there's a few on here that climb. I live in North Bend and I'm stoked to climb all the routes that exit 38 has to offer. I had no idea there were so many bolted walls off of that one exit, Deception Crags, Far Side, Mt Wa and Bobs area. I climbed when I was younger and I only knew of Deception crags. There must be around a 100 different routes up there now including those other areas http://www.deceptioncrags.com/Exit38.htm

I've been trying out new climbing partners but their all coming up short, too out of shape, too timid or too stuck in some old style taught to beginners. I want to climb safe and I want to climb hard routes. I've been training my ass off and summer is just around the corner. My Girlfriend is one hell of a climber and the best partner I could ask for, but she works alot more than I do and she's not always as stoked as I am. I'm excited about everything I do, but I'm obsessed with climbing right now. My tendinitus in my arms is Bad from all the days spent practicing at the climbing wall in North Bend.

Anyone want to come out for a climb and see how we get along? Any of my wheelin buddies want to give a new sport a try? I have spare harnesses and shoes for ya? I call it "free adrenaline" it's cheap, it's close and it's not under attack by greenies or patroled by the fuzz. Another slice of heaven in the woods.

Anybody inspired yet?

Not into rock climbing but I do some hiking and I plan on going to the top of mt rainier this summer I have started training and I have asking around but I don

Sounds fun. Call me if you want a rookie partner.

Besides the harness (I have one of these) and shoes, What other equipment do we need?

Sounds fun. Call me if you want a rookie partner.

Besides the harness (I have one of these) and shoes, What other equipment do we need?

Cool, lets do it! I've got just enough gear to get ourselves in trouble :awesomework:

i just bought a nice new rope and I've got enough quick draws to do most routes. I have spare locking beaners, eight plates and belay devices too. Webbing for anchors, prussiks and some size 9-10 shoes for you even.

I bet you'll be good at it Mark, not too much mass to pull up the rock. These walls are in some sweet areas of the woods too.

huh. i had no idea there was that much climbing up there i just thought it was that one spot off the john wayne trail. only done rocks twice it was a blast used to do alot of trees though. looks cool oh yea my truck moves under its own power just needs brakes and a front locker. so you better be leaving some time to wheel :awesomework:

Cool, lets do it! I've got just enough gear to get ourselves in trouble :awesomework:.

Great:rolleyes: Marks got my cell # so when ya get fawked gimme a call:flipoff:

Seriously though....be friggin carefull for poops sake!! I'm old school ("trad" FWIW) and don't like the sound of this. I'm to old and busted to partake in new school madness but you kids have fun:awesomework:

Great:rolleyes: Marks got my cell # so when ya get fawked gimme a call:flipoff:

Seriously though....be friggin carefull for poops sake!! I'm old school ("trad" FWIW) and don't like the sound of this. I'm to old and busted to partake in new school madness but you kids have fun:awesomework:

I might sound a little reckless, but I was being sarcastic. One of my many job titles here at work is Rope Rescue Technician. I train constantly in many disciplines. I'm a rope Nerd and pride myself in being safe while looking like a total whack job. I'm an expert in self rescue and would NEVER expect anyone to come to my aid.

Back on track, Tim, you wanna go too?

Mark, what about next week? Mon or wed?

Thanks Mike.

Sport climbing is a safe endevour though, and should pose only minimal risk if done safely. Thats why I always chug whiskey first to up the "risk factor" kidding!

I fully agree if done right--get me 15ft off the ground and I yell like a little girl :redneck:

I might sound a little reckless, but I was being sarcastic. One of my many job titles here at work is Rope Rescue Technician. I train constantly in many disciplines. I'm a rope Nerd and pride myself in being safe while looking like a total whack job. I'm an expert in self rescue and would NEVER expect anyone to come to my aid.

Back on track, Tim, you wanna go too?

Mark, what about next week? Mon or wed?

Wednesday's are better. Monday is RC crawling day.:cheer:

When do I work?:redneck:

I'm excited......I'll start stretching my accelis tendon now......the first day always hurts the most.:D

Wednesday's are better. Monday is RC crawling day.:cheer:

When do I work?:redneck:

I'm excited......I'll start stretching my accelis tendon now......the first day always hurts the most.:D

Ok, Wed the 24th it is! Sweet!

We'll start with the all important, safety meeting

I went.:D Rock climbing is fun.:awesomework:

It was wet and raining, so Darby took us to an overhanging face that had a small "dry" area. The rock was cold!

He's our lead climber, but as it turns out Nicole (his GF) is a good climber and made the high mark for the day.:cool:

I need to go hang on a man-made wall for some more practice, but looking forward to doing it again. Hell of alot better than being at work.

I'm on for next Wednesday.

yea darby im down to go, i dont have a job and go quite stir crazy during the week whens the next time your headed up? i dont have shoes or and the only harness i have is for trees i dont think that will work ill look into it i should be able to find some gear

Last edited:
That wall was hard. Nicole is the **** huh? I love to watch her climb. I had her climbing with a head lamp in the dark last night too.

We're are ON for next Wed Mark! I have the day free, but Nicole has to work, damn it! We'll warm up on an easy wall this time first and then focus on doing some fun moderate routes. I wouldn't have taken you guys there if rain hadn't made the choice for me. It worked out though, now I have some faith in your belay skills and it's not going to get any harder than that! Damn, my forearms were sore the next day.

Tim, if you want to go on Wed feel free to join us! I have another harness you can use. You'll have to ware some good tennis shoes to climb in but that will work out fine when your just getting started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpanhBuFkhI here's a guy doing what we couldn't.