• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

springs bushings stuck?????

rover18

So I'm trying to replace my stock rubber spring bushings for 1990 toyota rears. The rear all rubbers were fingered out. The front rubbers with the steel sleeve would not pound out. Anybody know why??? Do I need to put them under a press???

drill 6 holes or more in the rubber, then still got problems, grab a torch (propane) and heat the inner sleeve (if yotas have them too?) til you start getting the rubber hot, then sleeve should blow out, then the rubber chisels out, then I sawzall the outer sleeve carefully and chisel out.

Some go straight for a torch, I dont like heating **** if I dont have to.

heat the sleeve till its greasy.

Burn the bushing.

Keep the torch OFF the spring eye.

Why replace it? If its still in there whats wrong with it?

Gonna put some shitty ass poly bushings in there?

Those rubbers lasted 22 years. Poly bushings spit out regularly. Too firm/stiff for a wheeler spring.

I do gotta say, I had polys on my samurai, def didnt flex good but man it was a good tight feeling rig. Much better than my bros rig, and only reason I can think is he had rubber bushings.

Both were identical rigs, and he's went through a few YJ packs so it's not the packs. We both used worn out/old jeep springs we got for free/cheap.

I mean tight by I had almost no body roll, and no swaybar front or rear

For the sami's, a 28mm impact socket and a shop press. Should be fairly similar for toys. Watch your toes. :redneck: