• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

STAK 2 speed t case

TB-F

Anybody on here ever had any experince with one of these? Heard of anyone who has one? I know wildman has a stak 3 speed in his jeep and seems to like it. I'm looking at a 2 speed as a atlas alternative.

No, nothing at all. Other than the stak box seems to be of the same quality as the atlas, 32 spline outputs, hilical cut gears and so on. But it is about $500 cheaper than the atlas.

TB-F said:
No, nothing at all. Other than the stak box seems to be of the same quality as the atlas, 32 spline outputs, hilical cut gears and so on. But it is about $500 cheaper than the atlas.

$500 would make me think twice too

TB-F said:
Anybody on here ever had any experince with one of these? Heard of anyone who has one? I know wildman has a stak 3 speed in his jeep and seems to like it. I'm looking at a 2 speed as a atlas alternative.

I've just heard of growing pains from this, and other boards. People seem to like the product and the customer service is great, but it has to be because of some of the weird issues they've had. Sorry, no first hand experience. Like Bunk told me though, and like Brad is suggesting... With an Atlas, you know exactly what you are getting and that it will work first time and everytime.

And did you also read where one guy also had the same thing happen to his Atlas? Bolts come loose sometimes. I think every new item that is released has people looking at it under a microscope to see if there are going to be problems.

Whell aparently STaK t cases are rather popular right now because it will be 5 weeks before mine even ships. Nice that when you call stak the owner awnsers the phone while running a mill:haha: Aparently they are set up to do 20 cases a month and last month did 50 so there just a wee bit busy.

I will give it a savage beating this summer and let you all know how it holds up:D

Specs of what I ordred. 5.44:1 low. 32spline outputs w 1350 u joint yokes, 10 spline input for sm465, pas drop.

It only took 16 weeks but I finaly got it :rolleyes:

Shure is purdy..

100_0461.jpg

100_0462.jpg

The stak cases are also harder to shft new--I have been playing with the one I have now and its pretty stiff...

My tried ans true atlas built by a major long enisting 4wd company still shifts hard but will loosten up in a few months. I hope stak has gotten things worked out, Very adventuresome for 3 guys.