• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Start of a New 4Runner Bumper.....

SUB

So I had to think of what to do for my new bumper since I did the SAS. Crash did Dale's Rig, which was really kewl, but I wanted my bumper to be removable. Plus, I wanted it to be really functional with the ability to transform from street use to off road use.

This is what I have done so far. I have reenforced the front crossmember, added brackets to mount the bumper, and plates to mount the front hooks for pulling.

Attachments

• FB10.JPG
    FB10.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 355
  • FB11.JPG
    FB11.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 357
  • FB12.JPG
    FB12.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 355
  • FB13.JPG
    FB13.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 350
  • FB14.JPG
    FB14.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 354
It is the only thing that would work with this current set up. One day I will get a cross over set up. But for right now this will have to do!

Crash, Have any ideas for the bumper. Right now not so sure on how to make the platform for a winch and thew bumper. :mad: :eeek: I have ideas but its getting them from the mind to the metal. Plus I need a torch. I bought a welder, have a portaband, but a torch would be nice. I have to frequent dale's or work to cut the steel.

You really need to buy a torch since you are closer than Gibby, looks good Markus. And it's about time you showed up here. This is where the cool kids hang out. :redneck:

Crash I need help......I can not figure out how to proceed with the bumper mounts. I have a rough idea, but it is real rough. I am trying to make it with a winch on top. I dont have the spec's for the LxWxH of a 12,000 Warn Winch. I just need some good old fashion help.

Marcus if you can take a few pics of the front of the rig at different angles and email them to me...

Jobless said:
You ought to at least re-inforce the bend radius on your Drag link for the time being...it will be week at the bends.

Not according to S&N.... Thats solid chomo (S&N did it)