Steering issues with hydroboost

b64295b36f061403be4b6ff18d84762c.jpg
ca906dbcb097dfe4f8bff23ccd860fa3.jpg
59ea1fd6db3c90a5bced06d98f843e26.jpg
47f8ad4480d6b98eedac7d59d2361508.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

zayne2427 said:
power beyond... elaborate please....

its extra port in the orbitrol to run accesories like hydro boost.

you dont want pressure in the orbitrol return port. image this your steering takes whiile turning 1000psi and youadd brake and hydro boost takes 1000psi too. prssure in the steering is 0

tought you had orbitrol before hydro boost but seems you have it correct way. orbitrols do make hissing sound when its streered. its still hydraulic valve with small internal ports

Timjus said:
tought you had orbitrol before hydro boost but seems you have it correct way. orbitrols do make hissing sound when its streered. its still hydraulic valve with small internal ports

They do some but ive had at least 15 full hydraulic steering crawlers over the past 12 years and never had one sound like this.

Usually they hiss some at full lock on either side. This one does that as normal when the front end is on jack stands and there is no pressure on the front tires. The sound goes away except at full lock.
Then, if you set it back on the ground and steer a few times it comes back the whole stroke....

zayne2427 said:
Usually they hiss some at full lock on either side. This one does that as normal when the front end is on jack stands and there is no pressure on the front tires. The sound goes away except at full lock.
Then, if you set it back on the ground and steer a few times it comes back the whole stroke....

does it have built in pressure relief valve. maybe its set too low

How is the cooler mounted and plumbed. Both lines out the top? Lines out the side? Wondering if there is air getting trapped or something weird.
Hot line from the orbital to the bottom of the cooler and cool line from the cooler back to the reservoir works best.
Also returning both return lines (hydroboost and cooler) to the top reservoir would help keep any air towards the top or cap of the reservoir so it can be dispersed from the fluid vrs near the pump suction and getting recycled into the system. Getting the returns below the fluid level is best too. Think of pissing into the water vrs you **** being underwater.

zayne2427 said:
it doesnt have one "in-line" ... built it im not sure about

if it has its located under the allen plug in the face where your steering colum bolts.

does the back plate have id numbers?

redneckengineered said:
I fixed my steering issues with hydroboost. It was really easy.

Step 1: Remove pile of **** hydroboost from buggy
Step 2: Throw in garbage
Step 3: Hook everything back up
Step 4: Drink a 12 pack and wonder why you ever wasted your time with hydroboost in the first place

Conclusion: **** hydroboost.

BTW, french dude loves it, thanks man !

zayne2427 said:
Found this
8845775683100730ac637aa52260319a.jpg

Patrick's buggy has hydroboost and it works awesome. Plumbed like the PSC diagram.

RustyC said:
How is the cooler mounted and plumbed. Both lines out the top? Lines out the side? Wondering if there is air getting trapped or something weird.
Hot line from the orbital to the bottom of the cooler and cool line from the cooler back to the reservoir works best.
Also returning both return lines (hydroboost and cooler) to the top reservoir would help keep any air towards the top or cap of the reservoir so it can be dispersed from the fluid vrs near the pump suction and getting recycled into the system. Getting the returns below the fluid level is best too. Think of pissing into the water vrs you **** being underwater.

Good ideas for reservoir design :

http://www.hydraulicspneumatics.com/reservoirs-accessories/solutions-reservoir-design

Backup_200111_foam_fig_6.gif

Re: Re: Steering issues with hydroboost

Timjus said:
if it has its located under the allen plug in the face where your steering colum bolts.

does the back plate have id numbers?
This side.. I'll see if I can read it
17ca758e77dd2e958f0c93feef862bc2.jpg

The hydrobooster will freeflow until the pedal is pressed. Make sure you have freeplay and not slightly preloaded. It should be the first thing behind the pump as per the diagram. You could have a closed center orbital, in that case, throw it in the trash and order an open center type orbital. Closed center type orbital is a deadhead type valve, won't flow fluid to return unless steering. Peek in the ressy and see if the fluid is circulating when running..