• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

STL March 19th $1000 payout for Short Course Race

L

lowbudgetjunk

Just spitballing here, but do you think there would be an interest in a short course race for full sizes? I know the Dirt Riot and ECORS is taking a break and this isn't a series of parks, but it is fun to do a run what you brung and even a possible buggy or modified class. And no I haven't verified through the park if they are willing to do it, but if there is interest.......I would definitely be an advocate.

7ad577a352bd7a9ce03a9b5b8226c7ca.jpg

creepycrawly said:
Man if this wasn't the same time as shamrock run, I'd be down like 4 flats.

I'll be Shamrocking it too. But, this won't be the only race. I am pretty sure they will do one every month or two while the weather is nice and then off a few months in the summer and back to it again.

Kel, i think there would be some interest in this (especially if you added a woods racing loop to the course) from former Ecors, and DR racers. There are regional FB groups for each, plus the ecors subforum on nc4x4, might be good places to guage interest.

Also, is there a whole years schedule out for the SL short course series?

Neal3000 said:
Kel, i think there would be some interest in this (especially if you added a woods racing loop to the course) from former Ecors, and DR racers. There are regional FB groups for each, plus the ecors subforum on nc4x4, might be good places to guage interest.

Also, is there a whole years schedule out for the SL short course series?

I haven't heard about a schedule yet. I will push for the current years schedule and get it posted as soon as I can get it. I would imagine a woods loop could happen, but I haven't even brought it up to the park yet. I know the SXS has been a pretty good success so far and it doesn't impair use of any other part of the park. They used to have an endurance race that ran the whole park and everyone had to leave when the race was going on. I vote no on that one. But, a mile to two mile course is doable without hindering much use of the park.

I would say March 19, no. April-May-ish, yes. And only if you broke it up in 2 classes. Like at least firewall & floorpan in one class, buggy in another. I want at least a 2% chance of winning. :driving:

Re:

Here's the schedule they posted not too long ago for the year.

2016 Stony Lonesome OHV Event Schedule

January 30th - Night Ride
February 20th - Night Ride
March 11th & 12th - Southern Rock Racing Series (SRRS)
March 19th - Night Ride and Short course Race
April 2nd - Night Ride
April 23rd - Night Ride
April 30th - Short Course Race
May 14th - 5K Mud Run / Night Ride
May 28th - Night Ride and Short Course Race
June 11th - Night Ride
June 25th - Night Ride and Short Course Race
July 9th - 4th Annual Dirt Therapy Day / Night Ride
July 23rd - Night Ride
July 30th - Short Course Race
August 6th - Str8 Up SxS Hill Climb Competition
August 13th - Night Ride
August 27th - Short Course Race
September 3rd - Night Ride
September 5th - Pepsi Sponsored FREE DAY (Everyone Rides Free)
September 17th - Night Ride and Short Course Race
September 22 thru 24th - Jeep Jamboree
October 8th - Night Ride
October 22nd - Night Ride
October 29th - Short Course Race
November 12th - Night Ride
November 19th Short Course Race
November 25th - "Black Friday" Night Ride
December 10th - Night Ride
December 3st - New Years Eve Night Ride

*List is Subject to change*
** Subject to Special Pricing for events**

For more information please call 256-287-1133 or e-mail us at [email protected]

Drew Pate
Cordova Al

Updated event schedule. We will not have the short course race in June or August this year. We have also added three more hill climb comps with Rzr-aid...May 21st, Nov. 19, and Dec. 31st

Re:

Tyler is still alive. Hell I thought he'd be eyebrow deep in prep for the race this weekend.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

This was my day off this week...it consisted of bulldozing and box blading the front track. It is ready for the arctic cat free demo ride Friday and Saturday! :driving: