• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

STL - Trail Cutting and Maintenance

Re: Trail Cutting and Maintenance

I have about between 2 & 4 more free passes for the December 28th ride. The only stipulations are that have a buggy and will sign the waiver.

Two of my buddies have agreed to help me show you guys to all of the best crawling/bouncing trails. There is nothing worse than getting to a park, just to find out you have no idea where to go.

If you are interested in a free pass for the 28th of December, send me a PM.

This is a portion of the Valley we've been working on

http://youtu.be/yN-vmg4BQBo

Here's how you get to this point.

http://youtu.be/E7TJrU33ukI

It is a decent crawl up the bed right now. Couple of different lines, just needs a day or two more to make it to the end.

We got a surprising amount of work done with just 3 guys yesterday. Finished up the valley trail. It's going to be a lot of fun, especially once the rocks get uncovered more.

Hard to tell because of all the leaves but there are rocks under there all the way down.

We will be out for the next three weekends preparing for the December 28th ride. Come out and help for half a day and get a free pass to ride the rest of the day.

There are some pretty exciting climbs, a rock garden, some long "crawler" type trails, bunch of hill killer stuff and for those that just like to take in the scenery, there is plenty of miles of trail riding out into the backwoods.

I will try to get the xj on its feet an come check it out (probly throw the chainsaw in the back )

We are leaning towards Saturday. Small chance of rain and temps will be perfect for work. We have quite possibly the best section in the park on the agenda for Saturday. The section has some crawler spots, bouncer spots, RZR spots, a bypass and spectator area as well. This is the section I have to have done before we show the SRRS guys around. It should make anyone that frequents this board very happy.

This Saturday is a go. Anyone that wants to bring a buggy or heavily modified crawler to check out the new trails are welcome to come out and ride for a few hours for free this Saturday. PM me to let me know

Here's a little of what we got done today

What we started with

9ahuvete.jpg

This is what it ended up looking like

evedumem.jpg

This is what was hiding

7azegary.jpg

And this

uba4ydyv.jpg

grcthird said:
Wish I had the time to come help, looking forward to checking these out.

I wanna get up there once the truck is done for an easy shake-down run... hopefully before the end of the year... just a day run maybe.

My buddy Bobby and I got that one done. Multiple lines need to be cut in eventually, but the first line seems to be the best one that is there.

Hey kel if I get my jeep back together this week and its not raining next weekend ill be there to help

Sounds good. We are going to work on de-cluttering the signs and getting everything ready for the 28th.

December 22nd is the last real work day before the ride on the 28th. I am going to try and open up one more line in the big boy section of the park and focus on signage the rest of the day.

If you don't know the park very well, it would be a good get acquainted day to ride...work for 2 hours and ride the rest of the day for free booyang

Trail Cutting and Maintenance

This is a very small portion of Rock Creek trail. It continues like this for about a quarter mile, zig zagging through the woods.

http://youtu.be/KYtHYFunvGA

Great work you and your crew are putting in at the park! :woot: Thinking about riding there next week in a SxS, you wouldn't happen to know if they will be open Thrusday the 26th? I know the website shows they are usually open thrus-mon but with it being Xmas week things are subject to change.