• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

STL - Trail Cutting and Maintenance

Re: Trail Cutting and Maintenance

Thanks man!!! I hope the park becomes everything your looking for with all the hard work you are putting in.

how hard is recovery going to be out of these trails !!!!! im pretty good at breaking in the most shitty places

gdf said:
how hard is recovery going to be out of these trails !!!!! im pretty good at breaking in the most shitty places

The park will get you out of any of the 1456 acres. They have a Duece and a half, a bull dozer and a few other 4x4's with winches

gdf said:

You and I need not ride together. I seem to have the same problem. :driving:

Looks like we will be out this Saturday to cut in more trails.

Weather outlook for the event on the 28th shows 0% chance of rain and temps in the 50's.

We hooked Timbukone up today. Tyler moved the stumps and made it into a great little trail.

Ryan showed that Tumbuktwo has progressed nicely and requires a little more throttle to get to the top.

Ryan also made it to the last ledge on Bounce Em If You Got Em. If we had another recovery vehicle and we weren't cutting trails, he could have made it. I am glad he backed down and didn't roll it or possibly break something.

Here's a couple from the Bounce Em If You Got Em section

http://youtu.be/t78FhreHKW0

http://youtu.be/eU7-42TfdC8

January 18 or 19th and the 25th or 26th will be our next Maintenance days. Anyone that wants to help is more than welcome.

I am also taking suggestions for things you'd like to see improved.

I should be able to make it the weekend of the 18th.
I think we need to check/fix the tops of vendatta and the other bounty hills. Cut the trees at bottom of better not. Cut the few trees they ran over in the creek bed. Clear the brush around that rock on utube hill and then maybe cut in another line or two on that hillside. That should get us started.
CB#:2567083092

We are going to be working on an easier section of the Bounce Em If You Got Em Trail System this Saturday. We have to have something JohnG can make easily on that side of the park :driving:

This should give a bypass back down to the bottom if anyone ever makes it to the top of the other two. We thought we had a bypass and now it's nastier than the trail we cut in molaugh

No pics of me? lol I was right behind him, checking out all the bright paint on the rocks....

rednecklights said:
Tell yah what , give me a guided tour pretty soon and I will take plenty of pics !

I won't be able to make it, but that might happen in the next few weeks. Still got a SXS? It would be faster to show you around. Plus there are some spots we are going to have to widen for full sized rigs.

Pm expensive dreams and let him know when you are headed that way.

Well, this was my last workday til the baby gets here. We opened up another trail off the Bounce Em If You Got Em Trail System. This is the longest climb and gentlest to the top. We also opened up an alternate way out of those trails.

If anyone gets bored, please open up Rock Creek a bit and chop up the small trees that got knocked over.

I think CAOS is planning a workday and will try and get the park to post up whenever this is supposed to go down. Hunting season is coming to a close, so I am sure that it will be sometime after that..

Blah, blah , blah, here's some videos of Bobby

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E1TEpCbfERA

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mWTKlSWow2k

Yes C.A.O.S is planning a workday at park. I will post up the date as soon as it is decided on. :dblthumb:

RustyC said:
Yes C.A.O.S is planning a workday at park. I will post up the date as soon as it is decided on. :dblthumb:

Awesome. I am excited to see what you guys can get done. Please put a name on anything you guys work on and/or cut out :)