• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

STL - Trail Cutting and Maintenance

Re: Trail Cutting and Maintenance

X2 on the park being much better! It had been several years since I first visited. The rock crawl section is much larger I saw pleanty of hills that would challenge any bouncer or crawler! The only draw back that I saw was that it was both muddy and dusty at the same time? But a windshield would've helped with the dust. To all the guys going out and workin on this park you are doing a great job!!!

lowbudgetjunk said:
Awesome. I am excited to see what you guys can get done. Please put a name on anything you guys work on and/or cut out :)

We CAOS just want to help finish anything you guys have already got started. If you know of anything the needs done just post up and we will knock that out first. Then we can get together and scout for new trails and start those.
It would be great if the new trails were marked with flagging tape. That way CAOS or anyone who wants to help can jump right in and get to cutting and save the time of planning the attack. This also makes it so that multiple groups can be made up and cut more than one trail at a time.

So guys can post up or pm anything that we need to get done.

al1tonyota said:
X2 on the park being much better! It had been several years since I first visited. The rock crawl section is much larger I saw pleanty of hills that would challenge any bouncer or crawler! The only draw back that I saw was that it was both muddy and dusty at the same time? But a windshield would've helped with the dust. To all the guys going out and workin on this park you are doing a great job!!!

That's why it's nice to have a guide. We stayed off the main trail and out of the dust. If you know the back ways, most of the dust can be avoided until the summer months. In the summer it is highly recommended to keep something for dust if you are going to pound the main trails.

RustyC said:
We CAOS just want to help finish anything you guys have already got started. If you know of anything the needs done just post up and we will knock that out first. Then we can get together and scout for new trails and start those.
It would be great if the new trails were marked with flagging tape. That way CAOS or anyone who wants to help can jump right in and get to cutting and save the time of planning the attack. This also makes it so that multiple groups can be made up and cut more than one trail at a time.

So guys can post up or pm anything that we need to get done.

I will talk with Tyler about marking some more trails. As for now, Timbukone needs to be widened. Rock Creek needs to be cleaned back up, too many little trees were in the way of the full sized vehicles. Off of 406 trail is the possibility for four or five quick hitter trails. We have discussed cutting a trail parallel with Whos your Daddy to give a flatter, easier trail for RZRs to play on. This will allow Who's your Daddy to get better/worse depending on how you look at it. There are potential trails off of 421 as well. Across the creek from Vendetta and 4.2 40 are multiple lines that could be cut. 415 has a lot of potential too.

Here is what Bobby and I have been working off of.

e7u5unen.jpg

rednecklights said:
Tell yah what , give me a guided tour pretty soon and I will take plenty of pics !

Well, I thought I replied, but guess it didnt go through. I will definitely let you know the next time we go out. The more the merrier.

CAOS is having a workday on 3/8/2014. We plan to assist the staff in continuing to cut new trails. Everyone is welcome to attend, you don't have to be a club member to get involved. Any extra help is welcome.
We are meeting at the office at 9:00 am. Hopefully we can get a couple new trails cut in for everyone to enjoy.

We will be there will bells on. Any idea on what we are working on?

Looks like I'm out this weekend. I don't have my TJ fixed yet, been working overtime......

lowbudgetjunk said:
We will be there will bells on. Any idea on what we are working on?

Tyler said he had a few areas in mind. I was thinking something like a class 3 trail that everyone would be able to play on. Something like Timbuk1 up a up a creek bed or holler.
Mainly just following through with what you guys have planned.

lowbudgetjunk said:
I will talk with Tyler about marking some more trails. As for now, Timbukone needs to be widened. Rock Creek needs to be cleaned back up, too many little trees were in the way of the full sized vehicles. Off of 406 trail is the possibility for four or five quick hitter trails. We have discussed cutting a trail parallel with Whos your Daddy to give a flatter, easier trail for RZRs to play on. This will allow Who's your Daddy to get better/worse depending on how you look at it. There are potential trails off of 421 as well. Across the creek from Vendetta and 4.2 40 are multiple lines that could be cut. 415 has a lot of potential too.

Here is what Bobby and I have been working off of.

e7u5unen.jpg

When can we get an updated, fancy version of this ^^^^ ?

I believe a new map is in the works. I will double check this weekend, but there is certainly more to add to it from the last year.

I am uber excited about the CAOS guys and what we can get done. Weather is looking like it is going to be nice.

Two awesome trails cut in today.....CAOS guys did a hell of a job on whatever the new trail is going to be called. It was supposed to be easy, but seems like it is going to be pretty rough until the dirt gets moved. Next time working we will need to cut in an easier section to make it mall crawler friendly.

Rock Creek is now 100% complete.....well! minus a sign to tell you where it's located.

Had a good day of trails cutting for sure. Left home at 6:30 this morning and just hit the couch at 9:00 pm. The full size trails at the park are getting better and better for sure.
There was a lot of chain saw work and very little camera work today. I only got two of the new trail before anyone put tires on it.

Looking down from the middle of the hill.

Looking up fro the middle of the hill.

Kell you guys did a great job on Rock Creek as well. thumb.gif
We marked another new trail to the right of "Gods Gift". There are three vertical x"s made with a saw on a broke off tree at the start off #418 B. Should be a good class 3-4 by looking at it uncut. We will try to cut it on our next trip out unless you guys get to it first. Tyler knows exactly where it is.

I love how easy this hill looks in the picture, it is no joke.

I will take a look out next time we are down for the triple X. Is it in the little valley off to the right?

Thank you sir. I am debating on which new trail I like better......the CAOS trail needs a committed driver to make it to the top. In time, multiple lines can be cut in.

Rock Creek needs one more tree cut, as Scott Holly pointed out

Re:

6 month bump. Weather is cooling back down and there is some new staff at the park. I am going to try and go play nice with the new manager and see if we can get back to chopping.

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
6 month bump. Weather is cooling back down and there is some new staff at the park. I am going to try and go play nice with the new manager and see if we can get back to chopping.

If the manager says no, let us know.