• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stock WMS of 3/4ton 44 vs. stock yota????

angelfly

Pretty much as the title says, I'm in the process of cutting an axle down for a buddies yota, but he only has the housing itself now outers so I can't measure the WMS. If anybody has both the 44 and yota numbers I would greatly appreciate it!!!

He is looking for it to be about 4in wider on each side then a stock yota front end. He's also throwing a 60in the rear with we plan to make 2in wider then stock on each side.
I had read that its a good setup to have your front end 2in wider then rear???????

what dana 44 is it? Cus if it's a Chevy it's slightly wider than say the ford one that i got from you, I'me pretty sure that the chevy is 69.5" i think and the ford is 68.5"

Yeah its a chevy one. . . I'm just wondering now if I can trust that, cause we are gonna go 30spline outers and new outers. . .

Well fawk it worse comes to worse its a few inches wider:redneck:

But does anybody Know the toyota WMS to WMS measurement??? We are trying for about 3in wider each side. . . Thanx Boonie That helps alot:awesomework:

Yeah its a chevy one. . . I'm just wondering now if I can trust that, cause we are gonna go 30spline outers and new outers. . .

Well fawk it worse comes to worse its a few inches wider:redneck:

But does anybody Know the toyota WMS to WMS measurement??? We are trying for about 3in wider each side. . . Thanx Boonie That helps alot:awesomework:

So are you doing custom shafts? You should do kinda like what i did... I used the stock short side and got a long side 80's waggy axle for the shortened long side.... that put me around 64" (I think a stock solid axle is 59" and with spacers 61" like most seem to run... these are pretty close guess's... Check out Warn's website there is a break down of all the axle lengths inner and outer.... the chevy outers should be like 9.94"

Here is a link to some of the measurements i used...

http://www.drivetrainoutlet.com/Products-GM_Front_Axle_Kits.html