• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Storing a Diesel

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
Going on deployment next week.

Need to know if there is anything special I should do to my truck to store it?

Fuel additives or anything?

Fuel filter replacement when I get home?

Stuff like that.

It's really bad to store it. Let one of your friends drive it for you while you are deployed.

fill the tank.. How long will you be deployed? We've stored trucks for a few years at work.. A garage is best. But it doesn't HAVE to be that way.

Last edited:
Karl,

How long are you going to be deployed?

Can't Robin, (Your wife, I believe) drive it every now and then?

Yes, I know, if I've gotten your wife's name wrong, I'm dead meat.

Heck, I live right around the corner, I know how to drive a diesel... :D

Fill the tank FULL and maybe a additive. IDK we have fuel in our boat for longer periods and never have a problem. BUT REMEMBER diesel attracts water.

Fill the tank FULL and maybe a additive. IDK we have fuel in our boat for longer periods and never have a problem. BUT REMEMBER diesel attracts water.

You guys just want it full so you can use it for towing. I get it now.

All kidding aside, what additives to add?

Going on deployment next week.

Need to know if there is anything special I should do to my truck to store it?

Fuel additives or anything?

Fuel filter replacement when I get home?

Stuff like that.

I'll be happy to see to it that it is driven, and even used to tow, to keep the engine working well and I have ample off street parking, and it would even fit in the garage:D

Until October.

Wife's name is Ruth. You got close.

Now I'll never be invited over to keep the truck warm.... :booo:

But seriously, won't Ruth drive it occasionaly? Even to start it up every couple weeks to make sure the batteries are charged up?

Lets see what else? I've heard you need to run the 4x4 every now and then to keep the front lubed up. But that can be done around the block there. And that would do the keeping other things moving too, for the time you're gone.

Of course, you know, if she just runs it for a few minutes every day, that'll make the neighbors love you more.

Hand the keys to Ruth, and tell her no matter what she is not to drive your truck, its a mans truck and ment to be driven by the man and no women folk....:awesomework:
That should just about take care of it for you!!:cheer: